Horizon HD S2 or Satlook Micro HD ??

localchap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox DM800, 150cm Gibertini, Eurobird9+Hotbird13+Sirius 4.8+Astra2a 28.5
My Location
ROI, Louth
Hi folks, facing real dilemma which one to choose. Both are in nearly the same price range. Satlook has more informative display but heard of real battery issues with micro series. Found no info regarding Horizon HD S2. So looking for advice which one???Have to decide asap cos do need meter for work. BTW, does Horizon have NIT function????all quick opinions and comments are really welcome

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would probably steer clear of the Satlook, as I believe that Emitor are in administration, so you could find it difficult if the meter goes wrong.

localchap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ROI, Louth
thanks for your input rolfw,weird though that you being a satlook user recommend to steer clear of it :) Is that such bad thing with Emitor in deed???My only concern with horizon, as stated in manual "not to expose it to rain or moisture" which is in outdoor conditions would be not easy :) Besides, I'm really fancy that NIT feature which I find very handy but really doubt horizon provides it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Love my Satlook NIT, although only tend to use it for motorised systems or difficult sat finding, as the spectrum is analogue and hence fast, For other work I use my H45 as it gives much more comprehensive quality information.

Nothing wrong with Emitor meters, but if you buy a new meter when the company is closing down, after sales service could well be poor.

localchap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ROI, Louth
is that 100% info that Emitor closing down???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If I knew 100% I would not use the phrase "I believe", but until that is clarified, I would steer clear of buying one for business use, unless the price is really keen.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Wow, I din't know Emitor were in bother.Hope my G2 stays reliable.Got it because my Lacuna was troublsome, and they went bust, although there is still back up help and software for them, ah well...

localchap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ROI, Louth
rolfw said:
If I knew 100% I would not use the phrase "I believe", but until that is clarified, I would steer clear of buying one for business use, unless the price is really keen.
would be 400euro delivered keen price for micro hd brand new with one year warranty even considering those closing down rumors??!btw same time found horizon hd s2 497e delivered

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
That aside, the Emitor meters are very well built and generally reliable.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I was happy with mine. I just made the fatal mistake of selling to the company i used to work for,although i might add this was at a profit :D

Fantastic meters. I have tried buying another one but ebay seems to be playing silly buggers again with their linking to Paypal.

Nano

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
rolfw said:
For other work I use my H45 as it gives much more comprehensive quality information.
Is that an Advance or a Compact? And can it control a DiSEqC motor?

localchap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ROI, Louth
nanochickin said:
I was happy with mine. I just made the fatal mistake of selling to the company i used to work for,although i might add this was at a profit :D

Fantastic meters. I have tried buying another one but ebay seems to be playing silly buggers again with their linking to Paypal.

Nano
Thanks for the input nano, are you talking in your post about Emitor or Horizon meters?? BTW, surfed through the web found zero info regarding Emitor closing down

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
rolfw said:
I believe that Emitor are in administration
Rolf, have you heard any more about this? I sent them an email the other day asking some questions about a meter and have received no reply.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
_http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110530005267/en/Emitor-Holding-AB-publ-Selena-Oil-Gas

As a result of a non-cash issue decided upon on an extraordinary general meeting on the 6th of May 2011 in Selena Oil & Gas Holding AB (previously Emitor Holding A:cool:, listed on NASDAQ OMX First North in Stockholm, the current operation of Selena Oil & Gas Holding AB were acquired by the group, and Emitor International AB was spun-off to existing shareholders, with recod date 10th of May 2011.

The annual report presented today represents the business of Emitor, specializing in the development and production of accessories and instruments used to receive and install digital TV. After the spin-off of Emitor International AB, the business of Selena Oil & Gas Holding AB, includes solely the production of oil and gas. 

_https://www.ngnews.se/messages/selena-oil-gas-holding-ab-emitor-holdings-%C3%A5rsredovisning-publicerad-p%C3%A5-wwwselenaoilcom-sog?locale=en

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Huevos said:
Is that an Advance or a Compact? And can it control a DiSEqC motor?

I can answer that as purchased mine at the same time as Rolf. They are Compact meters with the S2 upgrade. The Compact does have DiSEqC control but not 1.2 for motors. Still.... easy enough to use the mini-positioner in line.