How can I make this as noob friendly as possible?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I bought a VU+ Duo, put the parent's Sky card in and replace their existing Sky box with it and put my favourite foreign channels on it, give my Dad his Premier League football and everyones happy.

Well there are now a few issues. Going to uni in a few months and my Dad keeps saying stuff is going wrong (only for him!). I've got bouquets and a nice skin but what else can I do to make him feel more at home with it. My mam and brother are fine with it, brother's got it fine, but I just want to make it as easy as possible for them.

Another slight issue is the GSOD (green screen of death). Only happened twice (one my fault!) but when we came downstairs in the morning to find it looping through that when booting up. I've backed up our current setup so they could restore it through USB but would this keep all the plugins and all the files (CCCam.cfg, or OSCAM when i get round to it)?

Just looking for a few ways to make it easier for them.

Thanks.