How to stream from Dreambox to Internet

nickbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, iMac 24
My Location
Greece
Can someone post the doc to emailed removedd cause I can not access it although I am registered here?
Thanks in advance

Nikos

nonname_kid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
My Location
GB
Unfortunately i cant make the whole thing works.I followed step by step the procedure in the doc but...nothing.
I've got 2-3 questions to ask.Firts of all,when everything with dreamview is ready,i choose the channel i want--Edit Stream data,copy that,open a VLC(open network stream-->Http..etc)and put it in the blank,erase PW @and UN -->chosse settings-->make all as the doc says.....and then?Shall i have to close the VLC?Press ok one time (get out from the settings menu) and let the player running?Press ok two times and let VLC streaming from my LAN IP before i open http://mydyndnsip:8080?
My other huge problem is that when i strat streaming http://mydyndnsip:8080 my connection to the net collapse.Is that a port blocking problem?
Thanks and sorry for asking too many questions.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Please post only in English or one of the languages that have their own forum section.

Thank you.

nickbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, iMac 24
My Location
Greece
Hi mhku,
why I can't dl the doc describing the Streaming??
Is it possible to forward it to me so I can try a few things at home?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
nickbit- download it from here _http://www.sendspace.com/file/u9fc4g

nickbit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, iMac 24
My Location
Greece
Thank you very much mhku!!

Agent007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nanana
My Location
nanana
I have Vista and could not run dreamView.

I actually cant register comctl32.ocs as I get: "The module COMCTL32.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

Anybody got across this error ?

nonname_kid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
My Location
GB
Agent007 said:
I have Vista and could not run dreamView.

I actually cant register comctl32.ocs as I get: "The module COMCTL32.OCX" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.

Anybody got across this error ?

Yes Agent007,i think thats because there is missing a.dll file.Take it from _http://file020r.mylivepage.com/chunk20/779932/547/COMCTL32.rar

Then,put those 3 .dll files into the dreamview folder,and try run it again.I think that it will be alright.Try it and tell us about.

shocked

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S + PC Intel 3000Mhz 1gb Ram +SS2+Arion Ferguson+120cm antena!
My Location
Bulgaria
How about if i don't use a router,but a switch?!Please,someone respond!Thanx in advance!

has2befun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Novice
Do not know much but I am a fast learner
My Location
Cyprus
streaming dreambox picture from england to cyprus

Can we stream audio/video signal from England to Cyprus using dreambox but instead of viewing on PC to view on TV?

Regards,
has2befun

Sat_L_Plater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard digital receiver
My Location
UK
Vinniek said:
Here's a simple way to stream sat channels from your Dream Box to the net.

You will need only a couple of bits of software and to be honest VLC Player can do it by itself, dreamView is a front end for it and makes life a lot easier (especially changing channels).

I can pick up the stream on my PDA when I'm out if I can find a a wireless network and I also stream footy to my mate on a Saturday afternoon. I've got 4mb NTsmell and the settings used in the tut work fine and I can leave it streaming all day long.

You will need a DNS IP and a router and your PC needs to be on all the time to transcode the stream.

Vinnie (Cookie)

(Sorry to have to ask such a noob question, but I've been searching round and round, and I think this is such a basic question to ask, that it hasn't been answered. And I guess I can only ask!).

When one streams from the Dreambox (eg via the above procedure), is the Dreambox actually able to stream different channel requests at the same time? ie multiple channels simultaneously?

And also what happens with the actual TV & viewer connected to the Dreambox directly - I take it, that too is operating independently?

Thanks in advance...

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The only Dreambox that can fit two tuners is the 7025- it may be able to stream two channels (but probably not).

I don't understand your 2nd question.

Sat_L_Plater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
mhku said:
The only Dreambox that can fit two tuners is the 7025- it may be able to stream two channels (but probably not).

I don't understand your 2nd question.

Thanks mhku, I noticed your (many) replies on the forum, and I was wondering if it might be your kind self that came to my aid!

Let me reword my original query so it's clearer!

I understand a standard operation of a Dreambox is:
Satellite cable in ->
Dreambox
-ScartAV> TV displaying chosen channel.

But I was wondering what the operation is when streaming is enabled/being used. Is it:
Satellite cable in ->
Dreambox
-ScartAV> TV displaying chosen channel
-Stream1> PC displaying chosen channel

I believe ScartAV and Stream1 operate simultaneously (?). But can they operate independently such that each is on a different channel (same satellite source though in this case s.ky digital, nothing like the fancying multiple LNBs more sophisticated users are doing)?

If, as I think you replied not, then does that mean that when one of the users changes channel, all streams & AVs coming out of the Dreambox change as well?

Sat_L_Plater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Sat_L_Plater said:
Thanks mhku, I noticed your (many) replies on the forum, and I was wondering if it might be your kind self that came to my aid!

Let me reword my original query so it's clearer!

I understand a standard operation of a Dreambox is:
Satellite cable in ->
Dreambox
-ScartAV> TV displaying chosen channel.

But I was wondering what the operation is when streaming is enabled/being used. Is it:
Satellite cable in ->
Dreambox
-ScartAV> TV displaying chosen channel
-Stream1> PC displaying chosen channel

I believe ScartAV and Stream1 operate simultaneously (?). But can they operate independently such that each is on a different channel (same satellite source though in this case s.ky digital, nothing like the fancying multiple LNBs more sophisticated users are doing)?

If, as I think you replied not, then does that mean that when one of the users changes channel, all streams & AVs coming out of the Dreambox change as well?

I think having read more fully and with mhku's reply I've answered this noob question: it is indeed a single stream of a single channel (it's not even possible to have more than one stream of the single channel I don't think?).

And to achieve 2 room, independent channels, that would require second dreambox + satellite cable connection and card sharing over LAN.

(If anyone can look over and confirm the above it would be a great help though!).

ruddyrum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
I seem to be having a few difficulties!

I am using a dreambox 500 s... does this even support this method of streaming?

Also i am using vista x64, but all software seems to work fine.

What can be causing the problem. VLC says it cannot open stream!

Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Sorry Sat L peter, didn't see your reply.

But can they operate independently such that each is on a different channel
As you worked out the answer is no- you either need a 7025 or connect up a 2nd Dreambox.

Ruddyrum: can you give us more details of what you've done, your setup, image etc.

ruddyrum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
I am using the latest gemini image, which i believe is 4.2

Webxtv seems a bit temperamental, which i think is a common issue with most users. Perhaps this is where the problem lies? Although ultimately it does work after a while, it is not 100% functional. I have to change channels quiet alot before one is actually visible - sometimes it can take quiet alot of flicking and takes forever!

If i press the VLC button and open the .m3u file, VLC does not play the file at all. Even if i input the stream manually into vlc it never starts a stream. The only thing that can be streamed is the audio - when i open the apid with vlc (audio.pls)

I think i should concentrate on rectifying this issue before streaming to WAN. Perhaps i should even start a new thread regarding this issue.

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is this possibly a Vista security issue? Have you cheked any log files on the Vista PC? Do you have a Windows XP PC to try?

ruddyrum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
Same problem in XP as in vista... changing channels results in no video!

I read on another forum here (in german) that it seems to be a known issue - a bug with the 500plus and 600 DVB API and new drivers have been released as a result to rectify this problem. i do not want to install them though as i only have a 500 not a plus.

Seems the only solution so far is to restart the box everytime you want to stream! as soon as you change channel is buggers up again and you have to change channel like 50 times!

With regards to Vista security, i have pretty much setup everything pretty well within my internal network to allow communications to flow to and from devices without any interferance eg. Recording from the DB to my HDD on my vista system is not a problem, so i doubt it is a security issue.