How to switch across c band and Ka using a 4 way switch

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
Hi guys over the next couple of days i will be setting up the second tuner on the vu duo for three sat via a four way switch the sats are 28.2 c- band and 9e Ka band and the third I will be using on variuos other sat's that the triax 1.1m will not pick up on the motor on the first tuner. The question is will the vu+ automatically pick up the Ka band or will I need to set it up for the configuration or can it be done?

Chris

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
(I think you mean Ku-band not C-band!)

The Ka-band LNB for the Irish channels should work on any standard DVB-S2 receiver but you may need to play about with the IF settings depending on the LNB type (I think the American ones floating about at the moment will be different to the official European Ka-band LNBs). There will be a bit of maths involved to work out what the real frequency is rather than the one displayed on the receiver unless they come up with a firmware update for the 20GHz range.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Wouldn't a blind scan get the Ka broadcasts, albeit with incorrect frequencies displayed?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
excollier said:
Wouldn't a blind scan get the Ka broadcasts, albeit with incorrect frequencies displayed?

I've not used that receiver so don't know but I would assume so, as long as the LNB IF settings are OK for the frequency range.

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
The vu duo has no blind scan facility i think its only the et 9000 that has the capability.I have had a play around with the settings but i will not be sure until the correct KA lnb arrives as the one i got was unsuitable size wise it was huge and couldn't be fitted to any of my existing dishes.If anybody has any more suggestions please put them forward as this is uncharted ground for all of us.

Chris

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Where are you getting your LNB from Chris ?

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Second hand dealer in Canada. He only had one. Their like hens teeth. If I see anymore I will post on this thread

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Thanks Chris.

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
You go into advanced configuration in the LNB setup like the attached photo and setup a User Defined LNB with custom LO.

The committed diseqc command 'AA' corresponds to Port 1 on a switch.

Attachments

• config.jpg
    config.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 48

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Rick said:
Where are you getting your LNB from Chris ?

Hi rick

try here soon for the ka lnb with a 40mm collar ~ww.satellitetv.ie

Chris