Fortec Passion HD
My Location
France
Hello,
My Fortec Star Passion version is :
Loader Version : 1.4.0
Software Version : 1.0.8
Software Date : 24/jan/08

What's the usb's procedure for upgrade it ?:)

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
Put the firmware on the USB stick. Turn off the Passion from the mains. Put in the USB stick. Turn on the passion. Press OK and OK again and it will start to load. Wait until the firmware has loaded, it will reboot. remove the USB.

Remember to save your channel list, however, if your firmware is that old, they channel saving system was changed in the last few updates and you'll prbably have to do a factory reset and set the channels up again.

paulselvan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ø 85cm
motor Jaegger HH
Fortec Passion HD
My Location
France
What about loader?
DO i have first to upgrade it and then upgrade firmware in the same way ?
:-doh2

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Latest loader is 1.5.0 available from the Fortecstar site. Upload to your passion using the same method as described by thecaretaker.

Llew

paulselvan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ø 85cm
motor Jaegger HH
Fortec Passion HD
My Location
France
So 1st upgrade loader
then after upgrade firmware,is it?
Anyway if i do a mistake do i have the possibility to reset with factory default or even that is modified when upgrade?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Loader first, then firmware. Just follow the procedure as above. Shouldn't need to do a reset.

irishtaff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 110cm dish
Motorised Fortec Star 90cm dish
Static Zone 2 sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion+HD
Panasonic Sky Digibox
Aston Simba Easy HD with Fransat
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Philips 42PFL8404H MHEG tv
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
Hi
Just bought a Passion+ from Maplin and Loader is V1.5.0 with software V1.0.0 dated 02/May/2008!
I have downloaded the latest Software.dated 13/10/2009,but having read this warning on the FS website .....

"Instructions For Downloading Software to Your Fortec Star Satellite Receiver
Warning: To avoid invalidating your warranty, contact your dealer to have a Fortec Star trained technician upload software to your receiver. Only a Fortec Star trained technician is authorized to upgrade software. Should a receiver be returned for repair under warranty which has had software loaded or upgraded by anyone other than an authorized Fortec Star technician, the warranty will be null and void and the receiver will be retuned freight collect to the sender in the same condition it was received. Only the original software and the upgrade software available on this Web site can be used with your Fortec Star receiver. Under no circumstances, can any other software be used with a Fortec Star receiver."

I am a little nervous about upgrading .. I have loaded the software to a USB stick assuming that as my firmware is current, I wouldn't need it ? Also I couldn't find any specific download instructions on their site for this model.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just upload your software in the same manner as with the Passion. There's been no new firmware since V.1.5.0 that I'm aware of.

Don't worry too much about that warning. As long as you upload the right firmware using the correct procedure, you have nothing to be concerned about.

Ian67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Merseyside
I have the Fortec Star Passion + HD, out of warranty now and unused for a while so I decided to update it and getting going again.

Updating as it should and then a fuse trips out my plug sockets mid-update, all I get now is the 'LOADER V.15' flashing.

Updating wont cause problems for your box but tripping fuses will kill it.

gover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star passion hd plus motorised dish
My Location
kent
I'm having trouble updating firmware on my Fortec Star Passion + HD. It was supplied with software dated 2/5/2008 v 1.00 loader v 1.50. I am assuming that the latest firmware includes all updates. In any case I could only load v 1.0.7, any other updates hang, usually at 74%. I am using a flash drive in the front USB. Any suggestions?

irishtaff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Static Zone 2 sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion+HD
Panasonic Sky Digibox
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
gover
I'm having trouble updating firmware on my Fortec Star Passion + HD. It was supplied with software dated 2/5/2008 v 1.00 loader v 1.50. I am assuming that the latest firmware includes all updates. In any case I could only load v 1.0.7, any other updates hang, usually at 74%. I am using a flash drive in the front USB. Any suggestions?
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\hi gover
I'm not an expert....but my FSP + HD came with the same s/w f/w as yours.
I loaded each update separately and now at V1.2.7 the latest.
I followed the "caretakers" instructions above for each one and they loaded OK from a USB stick in the front socket.

gover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
Irishtaff
Where did you get V1.2.7 from? The latest I could find was V1.2.6.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Gover.if you look at his machine id it is a diferrent one to yours so the software download version would also be different,your software is the latest for your machine,maybe you have a corrupt file

gover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
tjl said:
Gover.if you look at his machine id it is a diferrent one to yours so the software download version would also be different,your software is the latest for your machine,maybe you have a corrupt file

tjl
thanks for pointing out what I should have noticed. I have already downloaded the update again but with the same results. The only thing I have not tried is via null modem cable. I presume that doing it by this method I would just put the file in the root directory of my computer and the FSP would find it

irishtaff

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Static Zone 2 sky Dish
Fortec Star Passion+HD
Panasonic Sky Digibox
TBS6925 DVBS2C Card
Vista Home
Windows 8 Pro
My Location
Ireland
gover said:
Irishtaff
Where did you get V1.2.7 from? The latest I could find was V1.2.6.

Oops...sorry, V1.2.6 is what I have...I'll update my profile too! I have the Passion+HD.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Not done it that way so cannot help,clutching at straws here but have you selected the front usb in the usb settings on the machine,have you tried updating by update date just in case the previous version is required to start any new update,have you tried formatting usb stick prior to fresh download,as I said I'm clutching at straws

gover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
tjl,
I tried all of those unsuccessfully thanks but I clicked on the link to "What USB device works on Passion+ for recording" and there was the answer. It was supplied by Fortec Star and bypassed the updating menu system. I had tried booting before with the usb drive in but did not realise that pressing OK on remote was no good. They said press OK on the box when file 1 appears although I found that you have to press OK again when the file name appeared. They did not mention resetting to Factory default. To be safe I loaded each upgrade separately and all appears to be well without resetting to Factory default.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Glad you sorted it,

stevd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Nottingham
Make sure your model matches the right update as there is passion and then passion+, if you wrongly update, will be very difficult to reverse

gover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
yes, I was very careful on that point thanks