interference

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi all can any one tell me what is causing interference on c-band,on many occasions like this evening all the channels from 1west to 55west come and go, even very strong ones,after an hour or two they settle down is it to do with flares from the sun or man made,does anyone else suffer.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its certainly not flares - the sun is at a very low part of its cycle. Chances are its local interference - any new masts gone up round your place recently?

doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
@pride21
you must 2 know hat local wireless networks and wi-fi "damages" the C Band.BTW, I also have interferences between 3510-3600MHz.
Very interesting also that some channels even if they are in the range of damage works fine.I give you just and example:

3600 H from Thaicom 78,5East has good signal but is unwatchable due intereferences and in the same time 3600 L (OTV) from Yamal 90East works fine all the time!

I noticed also some fluctuatins on 34,5W and 37,5W lasting from a couple of hours until 2-3 day !

BestRegards
DoktorOfSat

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi analoguesat there was talk of a phone mast being erected about 800 mtrs away i will have to check,if it is i suppose i will have to put up with it.thanks doctorofsat for info.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
yes - must be local to you
i was rescanning all C band sats through the afternoon and evening yesterday
without any of the issues you decribe

regard nelson.b

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are ways of reducing interference from C band reception if it is coming in horizontally.

1) A wire fence, using chicken wire can be placed in front of the dish, just far enough in front not to obstruct the satellite downlink.
2) Secondary shielding of the cables from the LNB.
3) If these do not remove it completely the only other option is to dig a pit and place the dish in it, again ensuring the link to the satellite is not obscured.

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi channel hopper thanks for the advice my dish is on a 6 foot pole and the 6 foot fence is not far away so most of the advice i can not use i read somewhere that the use of a filter can filter out interference but i expect at a loss.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
By my calculation there is aproximately 70cms of dish protruding above the fence.

I would consider as a first fix, moving the fence further away and raising it 70cms. To save costs you could raise the panelling only, leaving a 70cm gap at the base.

You could also try changing the fence design by adding a smaller mesh to the existing wire.
I would not go down the route of buying/adding filters unless you can return them.

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi channel hopper there is no way i could move the fence its a boundary between me and the block of flats,i am wondering if it is the microwave mast or something else yesterday the reception was okay,would a microwave mast interfere all the time.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You are right, it should be full time, though masts do have variable power levels, depending on atmospherics and useage.