Join our UEFA Champions League fantasy league!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
Have joined up on Jimbo's behalf, as he is away, so have used the lucky dip selection, he can swap it about when he gets back. :)

Good idea :-righton

PM me who it lucky dipped when you get time before this evening, I'll what I can do if to improve it for him if it came up with any duffers, and then we can agree on any changes.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to look at his team now.

Oops, I tell a lie. :) Will copy it down.:)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
You should be able to look at his team now.

You can't view anyone elses team until the comp starts - its to prevent people cheating (or help people with no footie knowledge O-Ha!).

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
LESS THAN ONE HOUR TO SIGN-UP :-looky PLEASE JOIN

English

The time has come for the biggest club competition in Europe, the UEFA Champions League, and now you can join in the action with the official fantasy game, and join Satellites.co.uk’s own competition, the ‘Heracles Cup’

Even if you’re not a member of the Premiership Fantasy League (PL SupaLiga) on this board, everyone is welcome to join, the more the merrier!

To join, simply register here - http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/home.mc, then once you’ve signed-up and selected your team, go to ‘Leagues’ on the right column, and then insert the following code: 6199-1455, in the ‘Join a private league’ section.

To give it a more European flavour, I have invited our Portuguese members to join as well. Although a basic translation* of all your posts would be nice, it’s not essential, as we’re all here to have fun. Good luck!

* If your Portuguese is as bad as mine (or my English for that matter!), then you can use AltaVista’s translation service - http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Português

Está na hora de desfrutar do melhor futebol europeu, a UEFA Champions League! Então, porque não registar-se na nossa liga de fantasia, a ‘Heracles Cup’, e ser também um participante!

Para participar basta fazer o registo aqui: http://pt.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/home.mc, Após terem feito o registo e seleccionado a vossa equipa, vão a ‘Ligas’ e na coluna do lado direito devem inserir o seguinte código na secção ‘Aderir a uma liga privada': 6199-1455.

Como sabem, esta é uma secção do fórum de língua inglesa. Apesar de ser uma ferramenta muito básica de tradução**, e mesmo não sendo essencial, agradecia-mos que traduzissem os vossos comentários. Boa sorte!

** Se os vossos conhecimentos de inglês são tão maus quanto os meus de português, usem esta ferramenta de tradução disponibilizada pelo Altavista em: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

MattJ

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
I'm in, hopefully - E-mail Activations seem to be very sluggish, as others have noted - I registered about 10 mins ago & have yet to receive my activation e-mail, and time is running out....

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Got in to late so missed the 1st round, picked puyol and he scored. Ah well. The link earlier had to copy and paste it in as only half the link was working.
Im in under Jose marinos 3.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Bloody UEFA - If this is how they organise fantasy games, no wonder they have trouble with the real thing! Thanks for joining though.

I was going to set up a Nations Cup as well, but it would be totally ridicolous to do so now, can't believe the take up was so poor.

UEFA sangrentos - Se isto for como organizam jogos do fantasy, nenhuma maravilha têm o problema com a coisa real! Agradecimentos para juntar.

Eu estava indo ajustar acima também um copo das nações, mas seria totalmente ridicolous fazer assim agora, não pode acreditar que a tomada era acima assim pobre.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
cologne said:
no he has a euro 2008 team.it dont go with champins league fantasy league:)

:-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh!

just got home

ps i blame salty :D ( theres that many leagues )

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Sir Bronking said:
:-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh! :-doh!

just got home

ps i blame salty :D ( theres that many leagues )

O-Ha its alright, i'll take the rap for it. Join anyway, its just a bit of fun after all!

Whose in your Euro 08 team BTW? Mine for the next matchday is the following (tip - pick players about to play minnows!):

GK - Van der Sar (NED)
RB - R Kovac (CRO)
RCB - Aldonin (RUS)
LCB - Pressley (SCO)
LB - Terry (ENG)
RM - Gerrard (ENG)
CM - Pedersen (NOR)
LM - Benayoun (ISR)
RF - Klasnic (c) (CRO)
CF - Keane (RoI)
LF - Giggs (WAL)
Sub - Hleb (BLR)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
hercules cup
i'm in

good of salty not to get off to a good start
cheers

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Sir Bronking said:
good of salty not to get off to a good start
cheers

I live to please :-doh!.

ARS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hispasat
Albufeira
My Location
Albufeira-Almada-Lamegoo
Made 81 points and i'm in second in our private League.

Can anyone tell me if we can make transfers and when.

Thanks

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure about this competition, as the matches are spread over two days, you have to make the team decision before the deadline on the first day, but it leaves you open to teams leaving out players who shouldn't be. I suffered on the is first round, with obvious choices being left on the bench or not picked.

ARS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hispasat
Albufeira
My Location
Albufeira-Almada-Lamegoo
Please stop with the Babelfish Translations you are killing the portuguese Language with that. :)

Send me a PM and i can translate what you need

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, exactly why I only use them to give a rough guide to what has been posted. I have found that to the greater extent, they translate English to Portuguese and vice versa, to gibberish.:)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
rolfw said:
Not sure about this competition, as the matches are spread over two days, you have to make the team decision before the deadline on the first day, but it leaves you open to teams leaving out players who shouldn't be. I suffered on the is first round, with obvious choices being left on the bench or not picked.

You just have to have a bit of skill and luck. Trying looking about on club websites, and look at which players have regularly been in the starting XI lately. Having said that, it doesnt help when you get coaches like Rafa Benitez doing completely insane things like dropping Gerrard and Crouch :-doh!.

ARS said:
Please stop with the Babelfish Translations you are killing the portuguese Language with that. :)

Send me a PM and i can translate what you need

Yeah, sorry about that - AltaVista are rubbish! Dont worry, the proper 'official' messages I post to inform of deadlines and other important things have been translated for me by Professor (many, MANY thanks to him :-worship). Thanks for the offers though, and I may well need your help in future.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
English
Make any changes to your team before Tuesday at 5.15pm GMT (18:15 CET). You can consult the rules on transfers, and I recommend you do so, here: http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help.mc?category=transfers

Português
Façam as alterações à vossa equipa até às 5.15 da tarde de Terça-Feira (GMT) (18:15). Recomendamos consultem as regras sobre as transferências aqui: http://pt.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help...gory=transfers

Matchday/Jornada 1
Tuesday/Terça-Feira -
(Group/Grupo E) Real Madrid - Dynamo Kiev
(E) Steaua - Lyon
(F) Benfica - Manchester United
[F] Celtic - FC Copenhagen
(G) CSKA Moscow - Hamburg ***
(G) Arsenal - FC Porto
(H) AEK Athens - Anderlecht
(H) Lille - AC Milan
Wednesday/Quarta-Feira -
(A) Levski - Chelsea
(A) Bremen - Barcelona
(:cool: Spartak Moscow - Sporting ***
(:cool: Internazionale - Bayern
(C) Liverpool - Galatasaray
(C) Bordeaux - PSV
(D) Shakhtar - Olympiakos
(D) Valencia - Roma

*** ko 5.15pm / 18:15 CET

TV - 'LJ's LIVE Football on Satellite' - http://liveonsat.com/

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
English
Make any changes to your team before Tuesday at 5.15pm GMT (18:15 CET). You can consult the rules on transfers, and I recommend you do so, here: http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help.mc?category=transfers

Português
Façam as alterações à vossa equipa até às 5.15 da tarde de Terça-Feira (GMT) (18:15 CET). Recomendamos consultem as regras sobre as transferências aqui: http://pt.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help...gory=transfers

Matchday/Jornada 3
Tuesday/Terça-Feira -
(Group/Grupo E) Dynamo Kiev - Lyon
(E) Steaua - Real Madrid
(F) Celtic - Benfica
(F) Manchester United - FC Copenhagen
(G) CSKA Moscow - Arsenal ***
(G) FC Porto - Hamburg
(H) Lille - AEK Athens
(H) Anderlecht - AC Milan
Wednesday/Quarta-Feira -
(A) Chelsea - Barcelona
(A) Bremen - Levski
(:cool: Internazionale - Spartak Moscow
(:cool: Sporting - Bayern
(C) Bordeaux - Liverpool
(C) Galatasaray - PSV
(D) Valencia - Shakhtar
(D) Olympiacos - Roma

*** ko 5.15pm / 18:15 CET

TV - 'LJ's LIVE Football on Satellite' - *** L.J.·s LIVE Football and Sport on Satellite TV - Daily Football

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
75 POINTS and 5th - Get in there!!!