Just bought a Comag SL 100HD

Alex2k

Reaction score
Hello,

Today, I bought an SL 100HD and I wanted to share a few quick pointers about it.

-The software is very fast compared to my Echostar 3000IP.

-Even though this is not advertized, it received full HD channels in DVB-S2 and 8PSK.

-The picture quality of HD channels at 9E is absolutely stunning (FTV HD, etc)

-The tuner does not seem as good as the one of the Echostar 3000IP. The Echostar has a much lower threshold at which channels are watchable, I think.

-I have it connected to a Samsung 40" full HD tv via HDMI. Again, the picture is simply amazing. However, make sure to set the output to 1080i 50Hz. I you set it to 60Hz the picture wouldn't be fluid. Maybe you have to set it to 60Hz when watching north american feeds, though.

Overall, it's a really really nice HD receiver for what it costs. I paid 85 Euros for it used.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sounds like one to keep an eye out for Alex2K, thanks for that

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Alex2k said:
Hello,

Today, I bought an SL 100HD and I wanted to share a few quick pointers about it.

-The software is very fast compared to my Echostar 3000IP.

-Even though this is not advertized, it received full HD channels in DVB-S2 and 8PSK.

-The picture quality of HD channels at 9E is absolutely stunning (FTV HD, etc)

-The tuner does not seem as good as the one of the Echostar 3000IP. The Echostar has a much lower threshold at which channels are watchable, I think.

-I have it connected to a Samsung 40" full HD tv via HDMI. Again, the picture is simply amazing. However, make sure to set the output to 1080i 50Hz. I you set it to 60Hz the picture wouldn't be fluid. Maybe you have to set it to 60Hz when watching north american feeds, though.

Overall, it's a really really nice HD receiver for what it costs. I paid 85 Euros for it used.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Yes they are great value and the tuner is quite sensitive but the only drawback ATM is we are unable to get ITV HD.

Has anyone tried the new software 178 on Comag Site/
Tnx

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
My Location
Ireland
OK tried the new software but still no ITV although I have managed to receive the audio after updating the channel list with a different editor than the one on the comag site.

BTW does anyone know if there is a patch available for this model as there is a lot of talk on the German forums about menus for emus etc.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
ITV audio now seems to be gone also so has anyone the new video and audio pids.
Tnx

pherbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec
My Location
oxford
Hi, I have SL100HD and works perfectly, has any one been able to use the USB link to save the Program Lists for editing on a PC, got the Editor from Comag, but I cant find how to Down load the Program List to the USB Drive.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
pherbert said:
Hi, I have SL100HD and works perfectly, has any one been able to use the USB link to save the Program Lists for editing on a PC, got the Editor from Comag, but I cant find how to Down load the Program List to the USB Drive.

Its in the menu mate go to software update and save channel list ,obviously you must have a PVR hdd or stick inserted first.
Happy new year.

sdrew56

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL100 HD
My Location
Southampton
Hi I went to update the fimware on my Comag SL 100 HD because of bad audio syc problems by the usual method I have used before and it did not go as expected the unit went into standby and will not boot looks like I may have bricked it are the any easy ways to recover it or will I have to reinstall the firmware/bootloader through the jtag connector or if Im lucky can I expect any help from Comag UK ?

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Did you get it sorted mate and if so what software did you use?

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I am still having problems with this unit and I have narrowed it down to the software ,I tried the latest software S sl100 30 2 59 and it solves all the lip sync problems and HD blocking on scrambled channels they are now perfect hurrah I thought at last a good software but to my dismay the unit keeps booting every time you touch a button on the remote!!! I found that by disconnecting the sat feed the menu is ok but on reconnection it starts rebooting all the time.
Any suggestions welcome BTW I now have software version :SL10020a 146 but the lip sync and blocking problems are back!!! very frustrating.

ElJayfit

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop Model -
Asus - A7U series
AMD Turon 64x2 - TL58 - 1.90GHz Memory 2gigb ram
windows vista 2007 - serv pack 1
I have a comag CHD 1000
High Def rec with 60 cm dish and 0.3db LNB
My Location
Rotherham
ITV/HD in glorious 1085i-25hz... is the way to go on the old comag, no problems on the old firmware either with the instructions I left earlier today. I have had ITV HD with no problem for a little over a month after I messed around with the settings.

On a 18 month old comag too with old firmware, and basic receiver built editor too :)

finally happy after having loads of problems trying to update firmware as I have a static dish ...
with a little patience I finally go the Comah HD/100 to pick crystal clear and brilliant ITV HD.

It is worht pointing out that on older firmware the comag does not give you as many HD option in the video aspect settings so you might have to alter the comag and tv a little to make it run fluid.

good luck though...

kinda wondering how i get donations now lol... if this works... or if it works just donate to the site, sure the admin would appreciate it :)

eljay...

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
ElJayfit said:
ITV/HD in glorious 1085i-25hz... is the way to go on the old comag, no problems on the old firmware either with the instructions I left earlier today. I have had ITV HD with no problem for a little over a month after I messed around with the settings.

On a 18 month old comag too with old firmware, and basic receiver built editor too :)

finally happy after having loads of problems trying to update firmware as I have a static dish ...
with a little patience I finally go the Comah HD/100 to pick crystal clear and brilliant ITV HD.

It is worht pointing out that on older firmware the comag does not give you as many HD option in the video aspect settings so you might have to alter the comag and tv a little to make it run fluid.

good luck though...

kinda wondering how i get donations now lol... if this works... or if it works just donate to the site, sure the admin would appreciate it :)

eljay...

Yes ITV HD seems to have settled down now and most people can receive it so just waiting for Ch4 HD and FIVE HD to go clear!!

@Eljayfit What firmware version are you using and do you use cams and cards? cheers

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
pajo100 said:
just waiting for Ch4 HD and FIVE HD to go clear!!

That's not going to happen. They are due to remain FTV.

hmfaber

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag HD-S CI100
Duo Twin LNB
Astra 19,2 en 23,5
My Location
Netherlands
Hello!
@ pajo100 msg 10-08-2010

I have the same problem, continue reboot with LNB connected. Without LNB no problems.
How dit you solve your problem?? New Software??
Thanks in advance for a reaction
Hans

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Tivù said:
That's not going to happen. They are due to remain FTV.

Update (As the Thread has been Bumped anyway): C4HD is going FTA in April.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Whilst the Comag is good for the price, I found getting elderly people used to the remote functions - especially going into the channel list and then having to exit again to watch the programme - was a real pain.

Settting favourites was also a nightmare, I hope a later version of software has helped resolve these.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Yes I agree a little fiddly but everything works fine and the HD pics are brilliant.

My biggest gripe is the remote as the buttons are fiddly and too small so if Comag rectify that it would be superb.:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
pajo100 said:
My biggest gripe is the remote as the buttons are fiddly and too small so if Comag rectify that it would be superb.:)

That would be an amazing firmware release....

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Channel Hopper said:
That would be an amazing firmware release....

He! He! He! Obviously on newer models if you get my drift then again as you are a septic resident software or firmware would be useless as you would trounce it with your trojan horse!!!

pherbert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec
My Location
oxford
sdrew56 said:
Hi I went to update the fimware on my Comag SL 100 HD because of bad audio syc problems by the usual method I have used before and it did not go as expected the unit went into standby and will not boot looks like I may have bricked it are the any easy ways to recover it or will I have to reinstall the firmware/bootloader through the jtag connector or if Im lucky can I expect any help from Comag UK ?

I have just done the same, how did you recover from this ?