Advice Needed L-bracket on chimney ?

bobbywise

Reaction score
Website
www.robertwisbey.net
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Fracarro Penta Digit 68cm Dish at 28e, unbranded 60cm dish at 9e/13e/19e, EMP Centauri S8/1PCP-W2 switch emulating diseqc motor
My Location
Nantes, France
Hi again,

So I ended up deciding to use two dishes instead of one.
I've put a small 60cm dish on a bracket very close to the chimney as you usually would, and it's pointing at the strong signal satellites I want. It contains the Inverto multiconnect system, with one of the cables going off to my Farraco Penta 68 pointing at 28e.

As per another recent post, my dish postion is at the limit for trees with 28e.
I'm going to install better brackets (the old one is moving a little), and I plan to put the dish slightly higher up the pole. However, if I move the dish to the right of the trees, I may miss them totally. So I'm thinking of getting an L-bracket, which will move the dish approx 75 cm away from the side of the chimney and maybe away form those trees. I would not put the dish on the longer pole, just on the L-bracket which would be connected to a pole between the two brackets on the chimney.

I'm just wondering if using an L-bracket in this way is ok. The dish would be lower down and close to the roof, but further away from the chimney. I worry that maybe in high winds that the l-bracket will turn on the pole connected to the chimney brackets. Has anyone tried this with good results.

Thanks,

Rob

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
L-brackets are notoriously flimsy and dishes can and will move with them.

Use a decent T&K bracket instead but be EXTREMELY careful about wind loading. If the chimney has any damaged mortar dont use the chimney - one of the members here on the forum had dish, brackets, pole & chimney stack fall through his roof a few years ago!

The wind loading more or less crowbarred the chimney stack off the roof from the twisting forces.....