Advice Needed L shaped wall brackets

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Not keen on that mount at all. If just one fixing fails the dish will come completely loose.

I must admit if i was ever to use it i would bolt it to a metal plate, it just doesn't look safe even though i know its stood good gale tests holding a 1mtr dish..
DSCN7465.JPG

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I must admit if i was ever to use it i would bolt it to a metal plate
Famaval do a 80mm version of this design of mount for their 1.8m PF dishes and I've seen several dishes destroyed where one of the fixings of the top tie-ins has failed.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Famaval do a 80mm version of this design of mount for their 1.8m PF dishes and I've seen several dishes destroyed where one of the fixings of the top tie-ins has failed.

Any dish on any mount can get destroyed if not installed correctly, a good quality dish fitted on a good solid mount installed correctly will never get destroyed, human error happens all the time.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Any dish on any mount can get destroyed if not installed correctly, a good quality dish fitted on a good solid mount installed correctly will never get destroyed, human error happens all the time.
Martin what I am getting at is the top tie-ins only have one fixing. However well that is fixed there is no fail safe in that design. The other design with the 300mm square footprint and four/six fixings will still stay on the wall and maintain alignment even if two of the four fixings fail.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Martin what I am getting at is the top tie-ins only have one fixing. However well that is fixed there is no fail safe in that design. The other design with the 300mm square footprint and four/six fixings will still stay on the wall and maintain alignment even if two of the four fixings fail.

I am not disagreeing with how this mount is made Huevos, i am saying in so many words a good installer like yourself :rolleyes::) would not install it, someone who has no idea would install it, human error,