Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Analoguesat said:
A test card for mature content channel Bluekiss TV has appeared on 11390H 27500 2/3 tagged as 52415. Launches onto epg 964 on April 30th.

This launched as Smile TV on 964 this morning. Bluekiss is a programming strand at 9pm.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Prem Plus HD on 483 has been renamed Sky Sports HDX

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Smart Live TV are epg testing on 11264V 27500 2/3 tagged as 52118

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Recenlty launched MKTV will be suspending transmissions this week (epg 227) whilst the organisation and costbase is restructured.

From the MKTV website:
30th April 2007

MKTV recently announced that we shall be seeking investment for the company - we are now at advanced stages of negotiations with a number of private high net worth individuals. As a dual path we have also sought a listing on the London Stock Exchange. Our financial advisers have today informed us that this will be the OFFEX platform.

Part of this process means that we have to restructure the company and its operational cost base. The investment is critical for the long term sustainability of the company and therefore without delay and after consultation with our shareholders, MKTV will this week temporarily suspend the broadcast of its Satellite Channel 227. Hundreds of guests have enjoyed appearing on our live daily show 'MK Tonight', and over ½ million people have engaged with us in the past three months alone.

MKTV is proud of its young production team which having produced over 100 hours of Live TV and over 100 hours of original programming, including a special election debate. We look forward to introducing a new series of original programmes over the coming months. Viewers will be able to receive regular updates on our website: www.mk-tv.tv

An extended thank you to all those businesses and individuals which are backing MK TV by sending in their applications to join our exciting and exclusive 'Founder Patron scheme'. We will not be re- activating this scheme until we have our Offex listing. Once again, this is a temporary measure and we look forward to updating you on this very exciting development and progress.

Signed for and on behalf of Milton Keynes Television Limited

Jawad A Siddiqui - Chair & CEO

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Great Big British Quiz has gone off air (shown on various channels)

Quiztelly.com said:
the Play to Win Limited board have taken the decision to cease trading.

Employees were told of the decision in a letter.

"To All Employees of Play to Win TV Limited

It is with considerable regret that I have to inform you that the Board of Directors of Play to Win TV Limited have had to take the decision to cease trading with immediate effect.

Trading has been adversely effected by the negative publicity over recent months that has centred on the activities of other broadcasters involved in Quiz TV. In addition, the more recent spate of press and television coverage regarding other types of competition TV, such as GMTV, Richard & Judy and Blue Peter, has significantly reduced consumer confidence in an already unstable market.

Play to Win TV Limited, through the Great Big British Quiz, has always prided itself on its exemplary regulatory record with Ofcom and its fair play policy. The Mail on Sunday on 29th April 2007 gave the channel an apology for using a GBBQ screen image in a previous article on Quiz TV.
However, GBBQ has suffered from the actions of others. As such we now consider the market to have fundamentally changed such that the business is no longer a viable proposition.

We are now seeking professional advice as to the next steps for the company.

You will be individually contacted in due course, either by ourselves or the professional adviser, to let you know of your entitlements and to keep you informed of developments.

Although mindful of the context of this message, the Board wish to convey a sincere note of thanks to all staff for all their hard work and wish them well in their future endeavours.

Yours faithfully

Barry Peak
For Play to Win TV Limited"

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Aapna Bazaare was pulled off 809 on 30th April 07

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Channel 4 are currently fta on 12129V 2750 2/3 tagged as "S4C SE"

They were having playout problems a few minutes ago - horribly low bitrate made for a very blocky picture running at 3 fps

This is NOT visible to sky boxes!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Changes to JML epg slots on May 28th with JML taking over 631 & 632

JML Direct moves to 631
JML's existing channel on 657 will be rebranded as JML Extra
The channel name for 632 hasnt been confirmed yet.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Living in Spain TV are testing on 11222V 27500 2/3 tagged as 53114

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Prem Plus was pulled off 480 yesterday.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Film 24 have bought up Bonanza and will replace them on 165 from mid July

Film24 ANNOUNCES THE ACQUISITION OF THE BONANZA CHANNEL

Film24, the leading entertainment portal for film fans, announces that it will be broadcasting from a new home from mid-July.

The company has assumed control of the Bonanza channel (Sky channel 165) via the acquisition of all of the channel’s assets from Optimistic Entertainment.

Film24 is a new, independent, multi-platform content business, producing high impact programmes and short features about the film industry and films themselves. Film24 are the only credible, dedicated, multi-platform entertainment portal designed to satisfy the ever-growing consumer demand for film consumption and the audience’s fascination with the movie business.

Film24 have assumed full control of Bonanza with immediate effect. Film24 will cease broadcasting on 138 and recommence without a break with selected programming blocks on channel 165.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wedding TV +1 are full trade testing on 12560V 27500 2/3 tagged as 54101

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
BFBS Radio 1 - currently operating on the WRN Radio service on 0184 - are now testing in their own right on 11222H 27500 2/3 tagged as 52028

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wedding TV +1 will launch onto 290 tomorrow.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wedding TV +1 have launched onto 290 as expected

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Kids radio service Capital Disney will close on June 29th. The last day of live programming will be June 1st with non stop music playing out for the rest of the month..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Some of the SKy Movies channels will be extending their hours on June 2nd

Sky Movies Premiere extended by 6 hours - now 10.00 to 02.00

Sky Movies Premiere+1 extended by 6 hours - now 11.00 to 03.00

Sky Movies Indie extended by 2 hours - now 10.00 to 04.00

Sky Movies Sci-Fi/Horror extended by 2 hours - now 10.00 to 04.00

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just launched:

XLeague.TV on 291
Smart Live on 851

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Channel 4 is on the brink of creating a six-strong block of channels on the Sky EPG by buying out niche broadcaster Life TV Media.

Despite being a small player, Life TV Media is attractive because it operates three channels in EPG slots directly below C4's digital portfolio.

Life TV Media runs entertainment channels Life TV (channel 137), Life 24 (channel 138) and Life Showcase (channel 139) which sit alongside Channel 4's E4 (140), E4 +1 (141) and More 4 (142).

Space at the top end of the entertainment EPG is tight and acquiring Life TV Media would allow C4 to develop new digital channels as well as reshuffle its existing presence on the EPG.

High EPG numbers bring more viewers, making a deal a better option for C4 than going direct to Sky to purchase new slots.

A source said: "Channel 4 and Life TV Media are deep in talks and the deal makes a lot of sense for C4. It will guarantee itself decent EPG numbers that run consecutively."

broadcastnow.com

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
S4C's plans for a Welsh language kids channel move a step closer:

DigitalSpy said:
The body responsible for Welsh channel S4C is launching a public consultation into proposals to introduce a new Welsh language television channel for children.

The ten-week consultation will seek the views of the public and other interested parties about the proposed new service, aimed at children up to 16.

John Walter Jones, chair of the S4C Authority, said: "Children’s viewing is migrating from mainstream channels to dedicated children’s channels. As television enters a wholly digital age, we must ensure that the children and young people of Wales are not left behind. It is vital that an equivalent Welsh language children’s channel is provided."

S4C would fund the new service from its current budget. Additional S4C commercially-generated revenues will help fund start-up and technical costs. S4C is one of the largest purchasers of original children’s programming in the UK with a budget of £10.9 million to commission from the independent sector in 2007.

The proposed service would be available in Wales on satellite, cable and digital terrestrial television and elsewhere in the UK on satellite and on broadband.