LNB Loopthrough Question

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I currently have my Technomate connected to a dual feed dish using a Disecq switch to switch between LNBs.

If I connected a second receiver to the LNB output of the Technomate (ie the loopthrough) would I be able to use the second receiver to watch one satellite while the technomate was tuned to the other satellite?

My aim is to watch one satellite while recording from the other. Using the two receivers to create the same effect as a dual tuner would.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No, It won't work, you can't do it. There is a Diseqc switch, it can only be in one position at a time.

To have the system working as you desire, you need to fit TWIN lnbs to both positions, get another Diseqc switch, and have two feeds coming from the dish-one to each receiver.

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
In satellite signal distribution is impossible to have all the transponders at the cable simultaneously.
In goffy's setup the cable can either have the transponders of:
Sat1, Vertical, Low band
or
Sat1, Vertical, High band
or
Sat1, Horizontal, Low band,
or
Sat1, Horizontal, High band
or
Sat2, Vertical, Low band
or
Sat2, Vertical, High band
or
Sat2, Horizontal, Low band,
or
Sat2, Horizontal, High band

If the first receiver is tuned (for example) to a transponder at Sat1, Vertical, Low band then the second receiver can only receive from Sat1, Vertical, Low band.

In order to have a second receiver you should replace the LNBs with dual ones, buy a second DiSEqC switch and install a second cable.