Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu + Duo, Mut@nt HD51, Icone Wegoo,
1.3M Dish, Technomate TM-2600 Super,
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2dB LNB, 53E - 30W + Fixed Zone 2 on 28E,19E,13E
My Location
N.E UK
Thanks for the replys guys,

When I got 30W i just used the reciever and sent it to that sat and scanned. I will be having another 'play' tomorrow and will be taking the kids portable tv out along with the reciever so it wil be easier to check the signal.

I will also get some pictures up of the setup.

shamone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N.E UK
Well the weather has not been kind to me and have still not managed to get out and sort the setup out.

I have been looking at some photos of other members setups and have a question to ask.

When setting the angle on the motor do I align this to the small triangle type mark or the line that is after it? I hope this makes sense to someone.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Set the motor inclination to the triangle mark on the motor. The back bracket may move a fraction as you tighten the 4 bolts but won't matter too much :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Quite.

Any small error will be evened out when you come to fine tune the actual Dish elevation during alignment :)

shamone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N.E UK
Good news folks, I am in business :)

The pole was slightly off straight on one side. I used some stone slabs and pushed them between the pole and the ground and I locked onto Thor at 82%.

Scanned all of Thor in and as you guys said all the other sats just fell into place.
I am getting 53e - 30w fine with good signals. I will put some pics up once I get round to tidying the cables up around the pole/dish.

I would like to thank everyone above who has helped me with getting this installed and setup.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
shamone said:
Good news folks, I am in business :)

The pole was slightly off straight on one side. I used some stone slabs and pushed them between the pole and the ground and I locked onto Thor at 82%.

Scanned all of Thor in and as you guys said all the other sats just fell into place.
I am getting 53e - 30w fine with good signals. I will put some pics up once I get round to tidying the cables up around the pole/dish.

I would like to thank everyone above who has helped me with getting this installed and setup.

Excellent news - well done.

Oh, and congratulations on the novel method of correcting the attitude of the pole!

My Patio Mount slab is kept true by small pieces of ply inserted under the relevant corners.