Lost Astra 2D reception !

mwanjawe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong srt 4620 II receiver information
My Location
south africa
can any one send the friequences and position of playboy and which sat transmit it. am in johannesburg south africa

ugania2

Reaction score
divibi said:
Hi ugania2:)

Yes, it could or even must be the elevation problem if the building sunk into the ground. Also, 150 cm dish needs high precision adjustment, especially for Astra 2D which is out of footprint in Italy.
Is your dish offset or prime focus parabolic? Ageing offset dishes are more prone to losing their focal points, as well. What 150 cm dish have you got?

Hi,Verdana.....I've got an emmeesse offset parabolic dish realized by high precision forming ,which guarantees a constant production quality,I think it's in varnished aluminium sheet.and the gain is 43.5 db....the lnb it's a sharp ..A few years ago when I still had a 120 cm dish ,I bought a Syntec 2000 (0,3)on my holiday in England to improve the strenght of the signal ,but it was useless,it performed better with small dishes ,but for a large dish the sharp was better..Bye..

Muad'Dib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo's 60, SF75, 90, 120 (motorized),
Triax Unique MF,
DVB-S2 cards
My Location
Germany
mwanjawe said:
can any one send the friequences and position of playboy and which sat transmit it. am in johannesburg south africa

Eh??

Go to lyngsat and search for them.

ugania2

Reaction score
ugania2 said:
I am in Bologna ,Italy ,and I've got a 150 cm dish ,I've got the sky digibox from an agent in italy and I Pay the subscription to Sky (about the double of an uk citizen) since Sky uk was born ..I could watch astra 2d perfectly,until a few month ago,when some of the channels related to channel 4 disappeared, (not all) but film 4 and film 4+1 are impossible to watch....I can watch chan 4 in another frequency (12480 V) that is not in 2d, or one hour later in ch.4 +1.in 2d Sky changed frequencies or else ? or could be a problem of dish elevation ,due to the subsidence phenomena that affects my region ,caused by years of long periods of drought? I controlled the dish and didn't move of a mm. ,but if was the house that lovered of a mm.,it could be the problem..what do you think?

I Thought that the most important thing in fringe areas was the dish size,and it's true,but I couldn't buy a bigger dish than the 1,50 cm I still own. So I wanted to try The invacom LNB ,because I read good reviews about it ...I went to the local shop but I couldn't find it,so I bought A Humax Universal Twin LNB121 with noise figure 0,2 dB for 20 € that was available.,just for a try....And the lost channels reappared: Ch4,film 4,film 4+1....Problem solved....