Advice Needed M4 PC setting editor?

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Hello, I'm interesting in the 5402 M4 as new products do not seem to be released shortly.
But my choice of a good receiver is strictly connected to the availability of a good PC setting editor. It is too difficult to edit, move, delete thoussands of channels from the remote you know.
As I do not believe that TM released such software, do you know any 3rd party one able to open/save files created by the M4?
Some years ago I used Clarketech Studio with my good old TM6902, but I'm not sure if this editor can be used yet. The latest Clarketech Studio version is dated something like March or April 2022.
Any advice please? Thanks.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I've not found one sadly... Would also like one.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Have you tge chance to test latest Clarketech Studio?
If not, could you please send me such file created by the M4? I can perform a test as I have that editor installed in my computer. Thanks.

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
Any further updates on this? There was an editor floating about for one of the GT Media V8 STBs that handled the same .sdx file extension that the TM5402 Mk4 uses, but using it doesn't seem to be compatible with the TM5402 Mk4 (it doesn't seem to read the satellite list or list of transponders created from the GT Media CE .sdx file correctly, meaning that certain transponders don't show anything up on the signal strength/quality bars and can't be tuned into, resulting in having to either restore a previous satellite/channel backup file or worse yet, a full factory reset).

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milan, Italy
I dropped the idea to buy the M4. It would be a good receiver but it is not well supported and it is worsened recently.
So, no way. Waiting for such possible new box, if it will be any.