90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
Dose anyone know how to get maximum quality video form ProgDVB? I am using a
Lap Top computer without an S-video out. This means I have to use a VGA to composite video converter witch is on order. I have used these boxes before and the one thing the all seem to have in common is that the video quality sucks. I want to input the highest quality video possible to the converter. I know that Prog works with a few different types of MPEG2 filters. Witch one is the best? Some movies show up with a smaller aspect ratio than I would like. Is there a way I can adjust this?

Thanks in advance

James

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
Thanks...................

Ice coffee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC TT S3200
My Location
Hertfordshire
trying to mess with resolution for prog DVB all ends up being pointless anyway, as all Standard definition TV (at best) is broadcast * 720 X 576 and your computer then has to scale that up to your screen size !! The higher your res the more scaling it has to do, my recommendation is that you leave your res at whatever is comfortable for your laptop's own screen (probably 1024 X 768 or 1280X1024) as changing the RES will make little or no difference to the picture in prog DVB.

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
Any time you are dealing with video conversion you want to start with the highest quality video possible. “Garbage in garbage out”