Motor Position In France

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax,Echostar,DVB,DISCEQ,Motor automatic,Pehla Europe card
My Location
France
Hi everyone!!! I live in France and I wanted to know on which position should my motor be to receive Hotbird and Astra2 perfectly!!!??? Actually, I receive Astra2 perfectly but sometimes Hotbird freezes but when I put my dish a little up, I receive Hotbird properly but Astra2 freezes!!! Can't I receive both satellites properly without always touching my dish!!!??? It used to came properly before but with my dreambox if there is a a few BER, it freezes!!! It didn't freeze with my other receiver but with my dreambox it does!!! So what should be the motor position!!!??? It's on 56 ° I think now what position should it be to be perfect? So that I receive both satellites perfectly?

REBEL

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm dish
twin lnb
fortec star receiver
stab HH120 motor
My Location
middlesex
Your latitude north can be anything from 43 degrees to 51 degrees

your longitude east can be anything from 0 to 8,

if you'd like to give a city i can be more precise

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Well I live in France, Region : Ile De France, Department : Seine Saint-Denis(93) and the city is Le Blanc-Mesnil!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Lat: 48.93 North
Lon: 2.46 East
If it is the town near Le Bourget.

What motor is it Wesh, did you set it up properly on Due South?

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
It's a disqec 1.2 but when I put it on 48 ° it doesn't work!!! Right now it's on 52-53 ° I think!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It won't work on the correct latitude if the dish was not properly set up for due South in the first place, I cannot stress too strongly how important it is to comply with a few basic setup steps.

1. [1]Make sure that your mast/pole is perfectly plumb
    [2]Set your latitude on the motor to your actual latitude
    [3]By moving the whole assembly on the mast and the dish elevation, find your due South satellite

If you don't have a convenient due South satellite, then in your case, drive the motor 3 degrees East on the motor scale and try and locate Sirius at 5 East. If you have USALS, then you can set your coordinates in the receiver and send it to Sirius, then find it using the method in point 3.

Wesh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
But for example if I fix it on Sirius and I have a perfect Signal Quality, I heard that if Sirius comes perfectly, Astra 2 and Hotbird will come perfectly too!!! Is that right!!!???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, providing you have allowed for the difference between the satellite and your actual longitude and that you have set the latitude correctly.