My HDTV requierments, please recommend me a set?

stvy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

As far as I can see it these are my must haves for a HDTV,

4 x HDMI connector to take satellite signals, PS3 or Xbox360, and a computer and a blu.-ray player.

I know most european HDTV broadcast content is in 720p but bluray will support 1080p. So I would want to be able to input a native 1080p signal on the HDMI ports.

Also since I plan a blu ray player and use with a computer, I need the the full 1980x1080p resolution.

Ok now I know this will be expensive but is there anything even availble that will do this in Europe yet?

Thanks,

Stvy

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
stvy said:
... these are my must haves for a HDTV

Tall order - Big List! LOL. Admiral all the same.

I don't think you will find any TV content in 1080p for some time. SKY have chosen 720p and 1080i as their standard formats for HD. The maximum resolution on the X-Box 360 is 1080i - and to want 4 HDMI inputs is just plain greedy. BluRay supports 1080p - but do the flat panels?

Mark's advice Corner, hehe.

Everything you have touched-on will be hooked-up to a monitor - but you didn't cover that? My advice would be as such ...

Don't buy a Plasma - ever. I saw a demo of 4 plasmas and one LCD with Premiere HD Sport hooked-up. The LCD was, by far, the better quality and it was from a company called Schneider (god forbid).

Look to a decent brand LCD (like Panasonic) with these requirements "720p, 1080i, 2xHDMI, 1366 x 768 pixels, opt., HD Ready DVB-T tuner, on-board hdd/pvr". This, for years many, will your panel future proof (bad attempt at Yoda speak).

Your main TV source goes on #1, then, look to an HDMI switcher for your auxillary devices that can be hooked -up on #2 like this baby. The money saved on not buying a plasma should easily cover a switcher.

Everything else is limited only by your wallet (unintentional Yoda speak!).

Hope that helps?

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
A few years back Schneider used to be as good as Grundig, Philips, Thomson, Goldstar (LG) and such.