Neewbie Advice

jackflash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 80cm dish with Dreambox 7020 + Sky HD
My Location
UK
A big hello to everyone, As a neewbie to the site I was wondering if someone could give me abit of advice and maybe point me in the right direction, Ive been wanting to get a dreambox for some time now, I have decided to go for the 600 model as its nice and compact and within my price budget. Now Im trying to decide which size dish I should go for, Im in the UK and am hoping to pick up some premiership football games and movie channels, can anyone adivise on which size dish would be best, and which channels I should be looking to recieve (free or not) I know the general rule is bigger the better, but If a 1.5m dish is only going to get me a very small amount of extra channels compared to a 90cm dish, then Ill stick with the smaller one. Also any advice on which LNB would be the best for me would also be apreciated. Many thanks in advance!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

"UK" covers a fair bit of ground, being more specific may help, as what you might be able to pick up in Brighton with a bigger dish may be different to Aberdeen.

A dish bigger than 1m on a wall will also require planning permission.

jackflash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 80cm dish with Dreambox 7020 + Sky HD
My Location
UK
Im down in the south (isle of wight), I dont fancy applying for planning permission, and from what Ive read so far, there dosent seem to be a great deal of difference in channels with a 90cm dish over a 80cm, would you agree?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
The bigger the better :) so always try to mount the biggest U can get for a decent price.