New receiver for Spanish/Portuguese and German channels

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motor : HD Line DisceqC Motor 50-120 ( apparently a Moteck SG2100A clone)
Dish : Dur- Line Aluminium 75/80cm
LNB : Dur - Line Twin
4. Receiver: Fortec Star HD Passion Plus ( 2010 )
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
I'm looking for a new receiver because my FortecStar Passion plus ( 2009 version) is getting dead.... I kept it because I just need Hotbird and Astra 19.2 and still working fine.
However, it starts to make a strong sound after I went on holiday, had to turn everything off the electricity ( still working though) Any way , it's time to get a new one. I see your suggestions above and I have 85cm dish with a motor and currently losing all Hotbird signal so I don't know if it because of the receiver or because of the satellite movements ( William updates)...
Sorry again for the inconvenience. Loquacious

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
Adam792 sorry to come in in this thread as I'm looking for a new receiver because my FortecStar Passion plus ( 2009 version) is getting dead.... I kept it because I just need Hotbird and Astra 19.2 and still working fine.
However, it starts to make a strong sound after I went on holiday, had to turn everything off the electricity ( still working though) Any way , it's time to get a new one. I see your suggestions above and I have 85cm dish with a motor and currently losing all Hotbird signal so I don't know if it because of the receiver or because of the satellite movements ( William updates)...
Sorry again for the inconvenience. Loquacious

What do you mean by getting dead?
If it works I'd still use it, French TV may be upgrading to Dolby Digital Plus in the future. They have already done this on Terestrial TV and Polish TV is transitioning to this on Hotbird. So possibly think about getting a Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
Possibly think about getting a receiver that is compatible with a CanalSat or TivuSat CAM if you want to receive those channels.
Would you be interested in 4K channels?

@Admin might be worth creating a separate thread for this

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Adam792 sorry to come in in this thread as I'm looking for a new receiver because my FortecStar Passion plus ( 2009 version) is getting dead.... I kept it because I just need Hotbird and Astra 19.2 and still working fine.
Sorry again for the inconvenience. Loquacious .

Thanks, for the advise.I will create a new thread .
What receivers do you suggest? I would like to have Spanish/Portuguese and German channels , don't mind to pay subscription. Many Thanks

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
I would like to buy a new receiver any suggestions? I would like to have Spanish channels, Portuguese and German. I live in South, my dish is pointed at Hotbird at moment but I can change satellites as I have a motor dish. ( 85cm ). My receiver are having some issues and it's time to change. Having said that, I also would like to have IPTV and any slots that allow me to have subscriptions. Many thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Do you want a receiver with a hard drive caddy, so that you can record programs?
How many tuners do you require, 1, 2 or more? Do you want satellite tuners or a mix of satellite and cable?
How many Cam, and card, slots do you think you'll require? Many providers have their own cams.

An Enigma 2 receiver is probably the most versatile, but does require work, to set it up. For IPTV, and Kodi, you might want an additional device, like an android device, I bought my parents a Minix Neo U9-H which can do almost anything, including 4K, except record, but it is very small. It also has a robust remote control, with a full keyboard, on the rear. It is quite a number of years old, so no doubt there are newer, faster, products, on the market.

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Do you want a receiver with a hard drive caddy, so that you can record programs?
How many tuners do you require, 1, 2 or more? Do you want satellite tuners or a mix of satellite and cable?
How many Cam, and card, slots do you think you'll require? Many providers have their own cams.

An Enigma 2 receiver is probably the most versatile, but does require work, to set it up. For IPTV, and Kodi, you might want an additional device, like an android device, I bought my parents a Minix Neo U9-H which can do almost anything, including 4K, except record, but it is very small. It also has a robust remote control, with a full keyboard, on the rear. It is quite a number of years old, so no doubt there are newer, faster, products, on the market.
Thanks for the advice. Let's say if I go to the Octogon , I probably have to buy another receiver for card slots , Cam and IPTV ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There are a variety of Octagon receivers, but I don't think they have cam slots. If you truly want to subscribe, to a foriegn provider, with their own dedicated Cam, I'd get a receiver with at least one Cam slot.

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
There are a variety of Octagon receivers, but I don't think they have cam slots. If you truly want to subscribe, to a foriegn provider, with their own dedicated Cam, I'd get a receiver with at least one Cam slot.
ok, I think I will stick with a a receiver without CAM. Any suggestions about which Octagon or another in same range?. Blind scan, IPTV, Recording and automatic software updates... thanks

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
ok, I think I will stick with a a receiver without CAM. Any suggestions about which Octagon or another in same range?. Blind scan, IPTV, Recording and automatic software updates... thanks
SF8008? Good receiver, USB recording, IPTV if you want, four image slots (you can download 4 images and boot the box with the one you want).

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
ok, I think I will stick with a a receiver without CAM. Any suggestions about which Octagon or another in same range?. Blind scan, IPTV, Recording and automatic software updat
THanks. What are your thoughts about the two receivers below. Bear in mind , i only need AStra 19.2 , Hotbird and Hispanasat,. Cheers

Technomate TM-5402 M4 HD and the Octogon SF8008 -​

yang sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
13 Hotbird
My Location
OX3

Which card should I buy to watch 4K TV programs?

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
THanks. What are your thoughts about the two receivers below. Bear in mind , i only need AStra 19.2 , Hotbird and Hispanasat,. Cheers

Technomate TM-5402 M4 HD and the Octogon SF8008 -​

I found this receiver:
Edision OS mio+ PLUS 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-S2/T2/C
Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC UHD PVR. Between those which one is more up to date?

Beli1910

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with diqec motor 90E -30W
Wave frontier t90 45E-5W
Triax 110-,motor
Laminas 1.8m and Laminas 120
Chanel master 125
Gibertini 150 fix
Gibertini 125
Etc....
My Location
Sevnica 8290-Slovenija
Edison has good support. 2 tuners S2x, S2, C, T. Everything works on it. In short, a good receiver. Octagon is also good, but if you want more tuners, I recommend Edison.

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Anyone can give me a feedback on Octogon SX88 4K UHD S2+IP receiver H.265 1GB RAm 4GB Flash multistream ... As you can see above, I will after almost 12 years new receiver.. Thanks...

NunoV

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
_____Multi-LNB
_____Enigma2_____
___FIBO_55_90_____
__VU Ultimo 4K___
___ViarkSat4K_____
___Octagon8008__
My Location
Portugal

New version

Octagon SX88 V2 5G Dual Boot - Enigma 2 / DefineOS - Satélite - 4K​

Dual boot with enigma2
95€ in Portugal

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Anyone can give me a feedback on Octogon SX88 4K UHD S2+IP receiver H.265 1GB RAm 4GB Flash multistream ... As you can see above, I will after almost 12 years new receiver.. Thanks...
Excellent receiver very easy to operate works just like the SX88+

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Excellent receiver very easy to operate works just like the SX88+
Between the Octagon SX88 V2 5G Dual Boot - Enigma 2 / DefineOS - Satélite - 4Kual Boot - Enigma 2 / DefineOS - Satélite - 4K

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Between the Octagon SX88 V2 5G Dual Boot - Enigma 2 / DefineOS - Satélite - 4Kual Boot - Enigma 2 / DefineOS - Satélite - 4K
And

Octogon SF8008​

NunoV

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
_____Multi-LNB
_____Enigma2_____
___FIBO_55_90_____
__VU Ultimo 4K___
___ViarkSat4K_____
___Octagon8008__
My Location
Portugal
Octagon 8008 better, twin tuner/combo tuner(sat+Ter)

Loquacious

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5. WF 100 cable
My Location
Shoreham by Sea
Thanks for all your help. I will purchase the
OCTAGON SF8008 TWIN S2X 4K UHD 2160p H.265 HEVC Linux Enigma 2
Dual Wifi Multi-Stream Twin Satellite DVB-S2X Tuners.

World of Satellite shop suggests the Enigma 2 firmware image option. Which one should I buy? ( £1 )
OPen VIX latest,Open pli (nightly build ), Open ATV ( nightly build )PurE2 (latest )openEight ( latest )

Price £110

Is the World of Satellite a good and reliable supplier?