No channel 4 HD

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD, 90 CM Dish
My Location
Staffordshire
Hi all, bit of a strange one for me and maybe someone here knows the answer. I have a Fortec Star Innovation HD box, which I know is not one of the official Freesat boxes, however I have used it to get all the FTA channels - well everything other than C4 HD.

When I do a scan for the TP and enter all the details in manually for the channel, it comes back that it cant find anything at all. This is confusing me as surly it should at least find c4 HD, even if then I can't watch it for any reason.

Is anyone able to help with this one and point out anything im doing wrong or how I actually can get C4 HD on my tv?

Many thanks.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
My first thought is, does the Innovation box support DVB S2 transmissions? If you are currently getting BBG1HD and BBC HD then you are and the solution lies elsewhere.

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
Yes I can watch BBC HD channels and ITV HD.

staffsmark

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Staffordshire
Just to let people know I finally solved this problem. It was more by chance that I spotted something on google and could be of use to fellow Fortec Star Innovation HD customers.

You have to enter everything manually for C4 HD in the advanced scan area. Entering in all of the following settings on the advanced scan page to get it to work.

12607 V
FEC 3/4
modulation setting=QPSK
Vpid 2305
audio 2307

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Thank you for telling us. It's always appreciated when someone lets us know their problem is fixed and even better when they supply the solution!