HH Motor, FCK LNB
My Location
IRL
Hi to everyone,

Being a newby, I am trying to setup my 1st satellite system consisting of:
- a STAB HH90 motor
- a 90 cm Fortec star dish
- a Fortec FS 4200 receiver.
My Position is 52.27 Latitude, -9.7 (9.7 W) Longitude. From this position, we have 38 degree for the motor elevation and 7.5 degree for the declination angle of the dish. And the satellite most south that my receiver is showing should be NILESAT at 7.0 W
I have setup my system with these parameters but I keep getting intensity signal 45%, signal quality 5% no matter how I tune the dish up-down and left-right.

Are my parameters right?
Anyone has any ideas where should be the problem?

Thanks in advance

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Reference satellite would be Atlantic Bird 2 at 8°W.

HH90 is USALS compatible. Input your Longitude & Latitude and send the dish to 8°W and before alignment.

Note the skew on some LNb's. Should be a faint mark on top for zero skew setting.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You would not be able to pick up 7W in your location, it is too weak, 8W is closer anyway.

bouda25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s, Dish 90 cm,
HH Motor, FCK LNB
My Location
IRL
I read your post and I have tried to tune the LNB as indicated on the picture. Still I did not get any change. My LNB is FSKUVN from Fotec Star not FCKUVN.

bouda25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HH Motor, FCK LNB
My Location
IRL
Thanks for your reply
satelliteman said:
Reference satellite would be Atlantic Bird 2 at 8°W.

HH90 is USALS compatible. Input your Longitude & Latitude and send the dish to 8°W and before alignment.

Note the skew on some LNb's. Should be a faint mark on top for zero skew setting.

But the receiver does not have this satellite in its satellite list. What parameters do I need to add it in the list?

Thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Under the USALS software you can send a motor to any position (8W).
Not familiar with that model receiver but 'add a satellite' and it's position to 8W then input data and send the motor to it for alignment.

Forget 7W.

bouda25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HH Motor, FCK LNB
My Location
IRL
Thank you. Sorry I was away for some days and I am back to my place now.
satelliteman said:
Under the USALS software you can send a motor to any position (8W).
Not familiar with that model receiver but 'add a satellite' and it's position to 8W then input data and send the motor to it for alignment.

Forget 7W.

Having added a satellite with position 8w to my list and sending the motor to this satellite, I have tried to tune the dish with the help of a satellite finder. From this tool, I have noticed a good signal but my receiver keeps showing a low signal intensity(45%) and signal Quality(5%).
I don't know if I have operated well. My receiver's user manual is very basic. There is no substantial explanation. You should find the user manual at _http://64.78.51.244/download/Manual_FS4200.pdf if it can be useful to find out what is going wrong?
Thanks in advance