No sound from Eurosport on Hotbird.

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
I´ve just checked from here and I can get the English audio from about half the ESP ´s in the list, nothing at all from any of the ESP 2 list
. Thank you for the speedy reply, I get the Eurosport channels on my foxsat box but can't seem to access any audio from the channels, is there anything extra I need to do or something I am doing wrong.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You may need to play with the audio language settings - eg look for original or similar

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
You may need to play with the audio language settings - eg look for original or similar
Can't find anything in settings that helps, are the Eurosport channels with audio from transponder 11240v?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - The English audio is definitely working on at least the following ESP channels

Biavra
Cyprus
ECH
Greek
Hungarian
Intl

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
Glad it's still available as I have just set up dual cable on 28.2e 19.2e & 13e to both my FOXSAT boxes, frustrating now that I can't seem to get the audio, can use the audio button on remote but it doesn't seem to help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You might find you need to spend 20quid on the cheapest generic box you can find to get this working.

Make sure you are using one of the ones listed above - Cyprus is a good one as it only has 2 audio channels (English & Greek)

Also double check you are not on any of the HD channels - this only works on the SD

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
You might find you need to spend 20quid on the cheapest generic box you can find to get this working.

Make sure you are using one of the ones listed above - Cyprus is a good one as it only has 2 audio channels (English & Greek)

Also double check you are not on any of the HD channels - this only works on the SD

Will have another go tomorrow, I know I am on the SD channels, audio options languages come up on screen but I get no sound, its strange because I the poster in this thread a few years ago was using a foxsat box. Thank you for your help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its possible an update has knocked this functionality out of course....

A

Archive4

I suppose one way to check would be to find a fta channel on the same bird with multi-audio and see if you can switch that.
Would look, but senior management has Midsomer Murders on now!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You should watch - might give you some ideas ......

A

Archive4

You should watch - might give you some ideas ......
OK, as you well know, I always follow the advice of the forum gods:-rofl2

Edit: Adverts have revealed an alternative course of action, " Vanish top tip exchange "

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well, the Flying Pig is a well known icon in this Forum.

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
I suppose one way to check would be to find a fta channel on the same bird with multi-audio and see if you can switch that.
Would look, but senior management has Midsomer Murders on now!
I get all the language options but there is no sound regardless of which one I select. I tried using scart instead of HDMI to see if that made a difference but it didn't. Checked signal its 70% and 85% for those channels is it possible thats not enough?

A

Archive4

No! There is something wrong with the box.
Could be a software/firmware issue, try selecting each of the audio options one by one to see if you can hear the English audio even though the box may state a different language

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
No! There is something wrong with the box.
Could be a software/firmware issue, try selecting each of the audio options one by one to see if you can hear the English audio even though the box may state a different language
Tried it on all of the suggested channels on all languages still no sound. Various languages work on Euronews.
I am running the CF package can I go back to an earlier standard firmware? Though I need the CF to add non freesat channels to freesat.

A

Archive4

Tried it on all of the suggested channels on all languages still no sound. Various languages work on Euronews.
I am running the CF package can I go back to an earlier standard firmware? Though I need the CF to add non freesat channels to freesat.
I can receive all 8 audio options on Euronews txp. S/N here is 2 dB lower than ESP variants.
Check your s/n ( quality ) between the two. If like me, your s/n is better on ESP, this tells you the quality is not the issue.
If you can only hear some of the 8 Euronews audio let us know which, so we may ponder!

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
I can receive all 8 audio options on Euronews txp. S/N here is 2 dB lower than ESP variants.
Check your s/n ( quality ) between the two. If like me, your s/n is better on ESP, this tells you the quality is not the issue.
If you can only hear some of the 8 Euronews audio let us know which, so we may ponder!
All 13 Euronews audios work. Quality between the two is the same though ESP quality flicks between 60-70.

A

Archive4

All 13 Euronews audios work. Quality between the two is the same though ESP quality flicks between 60-70.
Sorry, forgot to page down on the audio options, there are 14 including Zulu at the bottom of the list! Checked that, but not all the others. Had to leave the house as out with friends from Renfrewshire who return to the wetlands Friday.
Don't think I will be capable of typing later, so will look tomorrow

Humax1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Immingham
Interesting development, I recorded ESP Int and on playback I could hear audio for 5-10secs then it cut out, but this only happened in freesat mode with the channels added to freesat using the CF. In non freesat I could hear nothing on playback.