Not compatable

twingang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion box.
Dell Dimension desktop.
My Location
Essex coast
Due to a problem with OpenVix on my Giga quad plus I backed everything up and preceded to reload the image . Unfortunately, after reloading the image a message appears 'Sorry but this file is not compatible with this image version' . I have tried many OpenVix images but to no avail. Does this mean that I have to re do all 15 favourites lists? I would appreciate the help of fellow members. Regards Twingang

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try an earlier version, of the image, if you can remember which image, and version, you were using, when you made the backup.
I think the Giga Quad Plus is an Enigma 2 Linux based receiver, so some old dreambox tools should work, and let you back up, and edit, your channel list, if you manage to recover it.
Try downloading dreamboxedit, for future use, as well as Filezilla, and notepad++.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
Mickha is absolutely right! I try a lot of images, one thing I always do us use "dreamboxedit" to backup my stations and favorites. Been using this prog for the last 10 years or more. I actually make periodic updates just in case, safes me from rescanning everything if it goes tits up..