NSS5 = tried again but failed

pride21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150cm gibertini dish,echostar 8700 analogue receiver to move dish,motor jaeger 1224,also black ultra ku lnb and esx241 c-band lnbf and technomate 5402hd ci+ super also added a Dr HD f15 receiver
My Location
Sandown Isle of Wight
hi vipersan i must say it bugs me a lot to tweak to the left and right its a pain when you do a blind scan because i have to do it twice to make sure i have not missed anything,i have tried to sort the problem out,moving lnbf out a bit tilting the dish a fraction to no avail,has any one else got the answer.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi Pride ..
I agree ..its very frustating ..
There is a theory concerning detuning a dish by moving sideways a fraction ..therefore efectively selecting a slope position on the side of the main lobe ...
This has the effect of reducing overall signal strength ...but drastically reducing reducing any co-channel interferance...from channels of a simillar frquency on an adjacent satellite ..
In this way the signal from the wanted sat/transponder signal is maximised ...in the event of any interferance..
I doubt thats what is in play here ..but an interesting theory nonetheless ..
Its a fact that Cband satellites require a physical spacing of at least 2 degrees abolute minimum ...whereas KU can get away with 1 degree ..
..and of course ..the smaller the dish relatively ...the wider angle its reception ..and thus more prone to co channel interferance from other satellites ..
So this could be a factor _IF_ the co channel is say ...being picked up from a side lobe ..many degrees seperated ...rather than a 2 degree seperated adjacent bird ...
Something to think about ...??
maybe...
VS

A

Anonymous_1

NSS5 @ 50.5°E (inclined orbit) GS DATA
4063 R 16745

4063.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So, how inclined was it at the time you struck gold ? (Fnar fnar)

A

Anonymous_1

Not very inclined (I haven't check the value on n2yo) but a small spike close to 49°E was visible on the analyzer, then I have adjusted the elevation until it locks.

A

Anonymous_1

This is just an old promax and few other stuff, nothing amazing.
I am a simple satellite enthusiast like most of the members here.
But maybe one day I will post few pictures of my "DX " room.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
But maybe one day I will post few pictures of my "DX " room.

I am trying to catch you up as an enthusiast :D i admire what you have :) and always looking to better my setup:) ^^^^ lets hope so :) but I understand if not.