Technomate TM2600
Inverto Ultra Black
LG 55 UH770V
Octagon SX88+SE
My Location
Midlothian
So how are you finding Open

So how are you finding OpenViX?
Done same when I tried to move motor( fine movement ) it crashed most of the time
Then I tried the simplest boot option like sx88 se it worked fine
I already have sx88 so no point keeping 8008
I returned it.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin + SF8008 SUPREME + Uclan Ustym 4K PRO Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombo x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Geant-OTT 750 ALLURE EVO 4K + Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Done same when I tried to move motor( fine movement ) it crashed most of the time
Then I tried the simplest boot option like sx88 se it worked fine
I already have sx88 so no point keeping 8008
I returned it.
Oh.......found that both the SF8008 and 'SUPREME' version are faultless re: all the motor usage movements (Stab HH120).......normally using openATV stable or Dev.
Will def try OpenVIX on both now.

Gladstones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 2 Fixed at Astra 2
Gibertini XP 75 cm fixed at 30 west
Gibertini XP 1 meter motorised 53e to 27.5w
Technomate TM2600
Inverto Ultra Black
LG 55 UH770V
Octagon SX88+SE
My Location
Midlothian
Oh.......found that both the SF8008 and 'SUPREME' version are faultless re: all the motor usage movements (Stab HH120).......normally using openATV stable or Dev.
Will def try OpenVIX on both now.
I am using

Technomate TM-2600​

Just serviced it working fine with sx88

ocean04

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m 28.5E (53E-8W), 2.4m Aerial AS24 (68.5E-47.5W), Edision OS MIO 4K, Octagon SF8008, Vu+ Zero 4K..
My Location
Western Finland (63N 22E)
Crash in post #15 is error in openatv image python code, not in sf8008. Code expects number, but got empty value

el bandido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter KU band
3.6 meter C band
Enigma2 Receivers
My Location
Atlanta, Ga. USA
The Technomate TM-2600 is a common motor for ku band satellite dishes. There is nothing really special about it.

It is good for a person to know his limits and abide by them. If something is too complicated to be understood, then sell it or return it. Simple enough.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin + SF8008 SUPREME + Uclan Ustym 4K PRO Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombo x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Geant-OTT 750 ALLURE EVO 4K + Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Said, ''Will def try OpenVIX on both now.''............SF8008 and the 'SUPREME' on the OpenVIX image, both using DiSEqC 1.2, locked all the 23 sats tested on motor STAB HH120.
First time used OpenVIX so well pleased, thanks for the work of their team and I see member 'Huevos' is part of that. :Y

h.jpg

ArloG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
12' Fiberglass Dish, C2W & Geosat Pro lnbf, Titanium ASC-1, Osmio4k, Zgemma H7 Client
My Location
N. Central PA, USA
Well. ViX was just a suggestion. I like it. No major confusion of how the RCU buttons work like other images. That's my major hangup.
Like PurE2. Why reinvent the wheel? With ViX there are some quirks. Remapping buttons is relatively easy.
I like the fact that if you go to any TV retailer and try different brands out. Channel up is always that. You get my drift.

I never had nor used a usals mover. Easy? I guess. What about 'tweaks' where you need to move the dish to peak signals. And then store the setting. Or when a new satellite is put into orbit?
With diseqc it's all encoder counts. And my big dish with a linear actuator let's me hunt and store. A pita at first.
Until you get your cheat sheet out and figure out, for example. It takes 62 'counts' to move to a satellite lower in the arc that is separated 2 degrees. That's 31 pulses/degree.
Higher up in the arc. Because of the actuator mount geometry. It might take only 56 encoder pulses to move 2 degrees.
Makes feed hunting on initial setup easier. And interpolating where a satellite might be when it is active but only turns on transponders for an event.

Can the same be done with a usals mover? V-boxes abound. Some too cheap to believe there is real quality inside. And others more expensive.
Does that mean they are all clones? All of the pc boards come from one place and populated with components? Or populated someplace else and assembled. Hmmmm. I love the statement on Ali Express. "The V-Box III is the same as the II". Meaning that they used a different pad on the printer" And called it a peach?

Receiver tuner load with usals movers kind of bugs me. I've seen mods for V-boxes that supplies external power to the motor section only. Very wise. Are usals coms 2-way? Why would a receiver crash popping out a go-to command? Do they crash waiting for a reply from the mover that never is received? Bad coax? Tuner shuts down due to current overload detection, causing a crash? Is that shown in logs?

Most of this is just thoughts and statements. But feel free to chime in.

ArloG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
12' Fiberglass Dish, C2W & Geosat Pro lnbf, Titanium ASC-1, Osmio4k, Zgemma H7 Client
My Location
N. Central PA, USA
Well. ViX was just a suggestion. I like it. No major confusion of how the RCU buttons work like other images. That's my major hangup.
Like PurE2. Why reinvent the wheel? With ViX there are some quirks. Remapping buttons is relatively easy.
I like the fact that if you go to any TV retailer and try different brands out. Channel up is always that. You get my drift.

I never had nor used a usals mover. Easy? I guess. What about 'tweaks' where you need to move the dish to peak signals. And then store the setting. Or when a new satellite is put into orbit?
With diseqc it's all encoder counts. And my big dish with a linear actuator let's me hunt and store. A pita at first.
Until you get your cheat sheet out and figure out, for example. It takes 62 'counts' to move to a satellite lower in the arc that is separated 2 degrees. That's 31 pulses/degree.
Higher up in the arc. Because of the actuator mount geometry. It might take only 56 encoder pulses to move 2 degrees.
Makes feed hunting on initial setup easier. And interpolating where a satellite might be when it is active but only turns on transponders for an event.

Can the same be done with a usals mover? V-boxes abound. Some too cheap to believe there is real quality inside. And others more expensive.
Does that mean they are all clones? All of the pc boards come from one place and populated with components? Or populated someplace else and assembled. Hmmmm. I love the statement on Ali Express. "The V-Box III is the same as the II". Meaning that they used a different pad on the printer" And called it a peach?

Receiver tuner load with usals movers kind of bugs me. I've seen mods for V-boxes that supplies external power to the motor section only. Very wise. Are usals coms 2-way? Why would a receiver crash popping out a go-to command? Do they crash waiting for a reply from the mover that never is received? Bad coax? Tuner shuts down due to current overload detection, causing a crash? Is that shown in logs?

Most of this is just thoughts and statements. But feel free to chime in.
Edit:

OOPS! I meant usals dish movers.....