Off topic chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Mars-Topic-Bar.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
As for the squirrels, I thought it was the mamsters that we had to worry about... :-mamster:-mamster

A

archive10

Of course I knew that, ........Babel Fish malfunction!
But, if the topic is "off-topic", then we can't really post, because that would mean we're on-topic, as we're discussing off-topic.
So that would make us in violation of the "off-topic" predicament, as we're off-topic on-topic. So we're off topic again.
But then again, if we're discussing "off-topic" off-topic, does that make it a double negative, meaning that we're on-topic?
'Coz if it is, then we're on topic again, which means we can't post, as we're supposed to be off-topic...
[Frizzle...snap!...pop!]

"Logic circuits are overflowing. Dataline cannot be employed. Your data has reached... does not compute."
(Logic System - "XY?", from "Logic", 1981)

A

Archive4

But, if the topic is "off-topic", then we can't really post, because that would mean we're on-topic, as we're discussing off-topic.
So that would make us in violation of the "off-topic" predicament, as we're off-topic on-topic. So we're off topic again.
But then again, if we're discussing "off-topic" off-topic, does that make it a double negative, meaning that we're on-topic?
'Coz if it is, then we're on topic again, which means we can't post, as we're supposed to be off-topic...
[Frizzle...snap!...pop!]

"Logic circuits are overflowing. Dataline cannot be employed. Your data has reached... does not compute."
Just ask Marvin!

A

Archive4

[Frizzle...snap!...pop!]

I think the correct answer is " Snap, Crackle and Pop! "

Rice_krispies_immunity.jpg

Immunity to Forums?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
[Frizzle...snap!...pop!]

A conundrum indeed.

The answer lies at the bottom a second bottle of Red Wine.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
[Frizzle...snap!...pop!]

Oh come on st1.Pack it in.I am confused enough as it is.:)

Out of cheese ERROR+++REDO ++FROM ++START.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Needs less sheep and more ram... :-rofl2

A

Archive4

OK, I may have missed some Monty Python, due to age, but this I do know....

ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON
[Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say
ay?

GREGORY
No.

SAMPSON
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir. (1.1.49-50)

Just before 1972 I think!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
But surely that's derived from "Romeo and Juliet" >> I studied that Shakespeare effort for "O" Level and distinctly minty recall the "Do You Bite Your Thumb At Me Sir?" gig and the response "Nay, But I Bite My Thumb"

Edit: Yup. Act 1, Scene 1! (Albeit my quote was not as precise as thine)

I hated Skakespeare with a vengeance. Why couldn't he just write stuff in English?

A

Archive4

But surely that's derived from "Romeo and Juliet" >> I studied that Shakespeare effort for "O" Level and distinctly minty recall the "Do You Bite Your Thumb At Me Sir?" gig and the response "Nay, But I Bite My Thumb"

Edit: Yup. Act 1, Scene 1! (Albeit my quote was not as precise as thine)

I hated Skakespeare with a vengeance. Why couldn't he just write stuff in English?

That was how I remembered it from when I learnt it ( also a few years ago! ), but I guess the current websites couldn´t get that wrong!

But my version was " Nay,I bite my thumb Sir"

Either way, R&J

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
"Romeo and Juliet"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh romeo and juliet:D

English version with geordie dialect enjoy:-ohcrap

Regards

A

Archive4

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh romeo and juliet:D

English version with geordie dialect enjoy:-ohcrap

Regards
One of my favourite bands!

I hope you realise you have just Pi**ed off my neighbours, just cause the time was wrong.
Brothers in Arms as full volume now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.