On the edge...

JoeFlashlight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 9400V CI, ZetaCAM red, Orion Dream, 80cm @ Turksat, 80cm @ Hotbird
My Location
Bremen Germany
So, here I am on the edge of getting a TD (actually I tried to order one from LinuxFTA and their order form messed up).

After I break it out of the box and connect it, then what? Is the first thing I need to do is install another image, or just add the CAM emulators and latest keys.

One of the reasons I am going with a Linux based receiver is I was told that I can have it auto update the keys off the internet. Is that true, or have I been mislead?

If it does work like that, is there a fee for such a service, or is it one of the benefits of having great friends around?

Enough for one post...

Thanks,

Joe

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Joe

Hope you decide on the TD, a great box to play with. The guides in this section should help to get you started.

Don't know how you intend to connect to the PC/internet (router or LAN cable to your PC), but once you are cabled up, I suggest you use one of the TD Tool programs to update the image that will be provided on your TD with one of the unofficial images available from the various TD sites that provide these.

I would suggest the 'TDMan' images for this purpose,as they are regularly updated, and easy to add keys etc. using an FTP program (one of the TD tools, TDCC, has this function included).

Yes, autoupdate works, provided a current URL address that uploads the latest keys is working in the image file.

AT present, the 'Tee Pee Ess' bouquet is clear on the TD this week without the need for a regular internet update if you have the right file loaded.

Regards,

Llew