One LNB Two Sat Positions

njies01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
staffordshire
Tried everything and absolutely knackered now so guys please help.

I have two sat dish - one @ 9.0e and two @ 7.0e.

Two LNB cables connected via a diseqc switch ( 9.0e on lnb slot one and 7.0e on slot two) The diseqc is outside next to the two dish.

So a Single LNB cable from the diseqc output straight into the house connected to my dm500

Now this is where I struggle massively. when I try scanning both 7.0e I get all channels but nothing comes back for 9.0e.

In my dm500 satelite configuration using two sats I rightly allocated 9.0e to lnb1 and 7.0e to lnb2.

Having said all the above I have tried many other settings but only pick up the 7.0e and nothing on 9.0e.

Can someone please help?

Many Thanks in advance.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, can you confirm you have a reliable signal from the 9e dish first?

njies01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
staffordshire
no - the signal strenght on 9.0e is 50-60

thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
But 9E is massively strong in the UK, so at first sight it seems you are incorrectly aligned - which could explain the lack of Channels.

On the other hand, if it previously worked and has not been moved, then you have a problem with a cable/connector or with DiSEqC settings.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Forget the 7ºE stuff for the moment. Connect the 9ºE dish directly to the receiver, no diseqc switch etc, and do a scan. If you find channels cross reference them on lyngsat to confirm the dish is aligned on the correct satellite.

njies01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
staffordshire
but the diseqc is outside so haven't got individual lnb cable in the house to scan each seperately. Why is it so difficult on DM boxes to be able to get multiple sats - I don't mean motor as that's slightly different.

On other boxes such as Technomate you can set a diseqc (outside) connected to two sat dishes each with their own lnb cables then output single cable from the diseqc into the house straight to the box - tell the box which lnb is set at 1 and which one is at two you can then watch channels from both sats.

With Dm is really hard and no one seem to be able to give the correct settings to use.

In my case this should be pretty straight forward. Can anyone please help?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
njies01 said:
but the diseqc is outside so haven't got individual lnb cable in the house to scan each seperately. Why is it so difficult on DM boxes to be able to get multiple sats - I don't mean motor as that's slightly different.
You have to narrow down the problem. The only way to do this is break your setup down to smaller units. Right now anything could be wrong (dish alignment, LNB, cabling, diseqc switch, receiver, etc). Start removing things from the chain and you will find the culprit pretty quickly. By checking without the diseqc in line you be able to find out if the dish/LNB combo is working properly.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Agreed, you have to prove first that your 9E dish is working. Though you mention Technomate receivers, do you have one then? Have you tried it with that?