Pager decoding

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That is not a valid reason for getting rid of the older technology, the content of the message has been subject to etiquette since it was first envisaged, not just for clarity but for confidentialty in an unencrypted medium.

If it was of such a concern, shortwave, CB, and virtually all amateur transmissions would quickly disappear.

Paul has confirmed above the assumed replacement really isn't up to scratch.

Archive9

Archived
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish for the moment.
My Location
South Somerset
That is not a valid reason for getting rid of the older technology, the content of the message has been subject to etiquette since it was first envisaged, not just for clarity but for confidentialty in an unencrypted medium.

If it was of such a concern, shortwave, CB, and virtually all amateur transmissions would quickly disappear.

Paul has confirmed above the assumed replacement really isn't up to scratch.

It could also be argued that the people leading the way could be the ones that are trying to save their own necks.

The same argument could be used in a variety of different debates.

Especially if an idea gets stolen, and it turns up later with a very special someone leading the way as if he or she really cared.

It's those people that should really admit they are long past it, and don't really have any ideas of their own unless they can step on someone.

One day they may just realise that some times the under dog may just have the answer they want or need and I think we all know who the "special" someone really is.....

Some of us can take it others wil not want certain information coming out. ^_^

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It could also be argued that the people leading the way could be the ones that are trying to save their own necks.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised with the 'big four' executive sharks we have in the western world.

As for the rest

Unless things have changed recently, only GSM equipment is encrypted over the airwaves, making the security aspect of mobile phones (without an OTT security package ) no safer alternative. GCHQ would be out of a job otherwise, I could be wrong though.

From memory my old pager used have a battery life (two AAs) of well over three months, the need to - remember to - charge (sometimes daily), for a doctor/surgeon with a busy workload could mean the difference between life and death in an emergency.

Last edited:

Archive9

Archived
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish for the moment.
My Location
South Somerset
I wouldn't be a bit surprised with the 'big four' executive sharks we have in the western world.

As for the rest

Unless things have changed recently, only GSM equipment is encrypted over the airwaves, making the security aspect of mobile phones (without an OTT security package ) no safer alternative. GCHQ would be out of a job otherwise, I could be wrong though.

From memory my old pager used have a battery life (two AAs) of well over three months, the need to charge (sometimes daily) on a mobile could mean the difference between life and death in an emergency.

Yes but sometimes the big 4 as you say have one common weakness at the helm and its that common weakness that will bring them down in the end.

If only they would switch their minds back on and open somethings to the open alliance the NHS and meny other good causes may suddenly get a lot more help and support in the common goal.

A wrong choice or a past discretion could just unravel into something much bigger especially if you were on the red side then you would really know a very special someone that may well be a cause of his own demise. Imho.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Actually, the security aspect could be dealt with twice over. First is GSM's built-in encryption. Secondly, I can't see that they would rely on simple texts, they are much more likely to use a voice/message service such as Zello or Broadnet which controls the membership of the group. If a phone is lost then it can be cut out of the group.

Archive9

Archived
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish for the moment.
My Location
South Somerset
Actually, the security aspect could be dealt with twice over. First is GSM's built-in encryption. Secondly, I can't see that they would rely on simple texts, they are much more likely to use a voice/message service such as Zello or Broadnet which controls the membership of the group. If a phone is lost then it can be cut out of the group.

All it takes is for a router to be swapped thinking they have the last laugh, or a hacking of a mobile phone to some degree could also be argued that the people in Power will one day push the wrong person around and they may get the shock of their life, but I know they were only thinking of others:-rofl2 Certain special people in a position of power (or claim to be) was aware of all the "information" a very very long time ago!

Those at the helm know exactly who that is claiming to be out for everyone is really out to grab as much as he can, thinking he is being smart!

And they are convinced that betting on both will give them the outcome they are looking for! I bet they don't count the wild card in the deck! Before they make there import decision on who to step on today!

If I can face myself then why do "the powers that be" need to cry into their glasses each night, oh wait I remember!

Just a little joke to some of you :-rofl2

download (1).jpeg

Look forward to returning the missing items and show you do actually have an once of dignity in your body!

He could be out hunting himself and his families as he tries to cast the shadow of doubt around but one day he might just realise he is long past it!

He is used to empty promises, I know who he goes home to:-doh