hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 7755 2VA 2CI / & tm 6900super/
80 cm dish motex motorised/
echostar 3000ip /moteck SG1200 CHIMNEY SECURED
My Location
france ST GENIS D HIERSAC
Hi everyone , having just installed a moteck motorized unit, everything started to go pear shape ,I tweeted eve:-ohcraprything and made it far worse,!
so I decided it was the LNB UNI, 7 YEARS OLD, so I purchased a new from our satshop , I hope it is,?
and replaced the LNB,
no better and things started to go hill fast, so I came back to this sight and reviewed options on coaxil cable and now I have just orderd PHILEX 27636R25,
it had a decent right up, can anybody please give me the low down on it please I would be very obliged,

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, this cable will be okay, it's PF100 1mm type... but your problem may lie elsewhere ie. dish set up / alignment.

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thankyou satelliteman, I have spent at leaast a full week tweeking and I came to the same conclusion as yourself but I decided to
take the system apart and started allover again, the result was good surprise as the signal was up around 80%
but the downside was the video and audio was breaking up all the time, so I remembed I was using the same coaxial cable that had been prof installed before I arrived on the scean some 9 years at least and it looked liked the cheap terrestrial cable with
silver foil around the core not a good sign? so I decided it must now be the coaxil, I appreciate your kind advise again satman

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes no worries. If you can, it's always a good idea to replace the cable as a safe measure ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be LNB skew (rotation), when dish/motor is in zero position, the LNB skew should be at zero, check the scale on top of the LNB, some have an offset scale.

hotkich

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thankyou rolfW I honestly never thought of returning the motor to zero before tweeting the LNB , I think I did inadvertly did touch it while was offset so I will awit the delivary of this new cable and let you know as soon, thankyou rolfW ,thank you again for your tech guides lads , hotkich