Phone photography

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Some interesting shots using the iphone panorama facility, have been quite impressed with the results.

This one is of the under construction Ikea store nearby, I was out on my bike and unfortunately got caught in the downpour from that very dark cloud, it rained for nearly an hour.

2016-05-22 15.55.52.jpg 2016-05-22 14.34.43.jpg

Last edited:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A couple of quick view images with iphone 5s.

2016-04-13 14.40.11.jpg sunrise-2015-12-25 08.47.jpg

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Nice shots Rolf. If you take some more shots of the Ikea site we could run them backwards and see it deconstruct itself.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Superb clarity and vibrant colours :)

PS:What's an iPhone?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I saw that new Ikea for the first time when on the way back from Goring the other day.

Here's some flowers taken on a Nokia 1020 in Helsinki recently
flowers.jpg

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I never realised how compressed Tapatalk makes the images, must visit this thread via full site to appreciate the shots better.

Sent from my thl 2015A using Tapatalk

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Do your cats ever hang out close to the dishes?
We only let one of them out at the moment and she doesn't seem to be that bothered about it. Not sure what the other one is going to do - he's a nutter...

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
We only let one of them out at the moment and she doesn't seem to be that bothered about it. Not sure what the other one is going to do - he's a nutter...
Oh well, I'll follow the account just in case one passes by the dishes sometime while you have your camera out. ;)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I can just take a picture of the dish?

BTW, the nutter one likes eating my cables. He chewed through numerous chargers, keyboard and headphone cables. Getting annoying.

Anyway, back on topic...

Does anyone use small cameras any more? Most phone cameras are pretty good these days for day to day shooting.

A

Archive7

Does anyone use small cameras any more? Most phone cameras are pretty good these days for day to day shooting.
I do. I use a Canon PowerShot SX240 HS.
Caught these Window Cleaners working on the outside of office building opposite my home
Original size 3M downsized to 800K to make it possible to upload here.Building Cleaning 50.JPG

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Most of the photos that I take are with my Pansonic Lumix FZ38.Although I have a decent Phone I have never bothered taking photos with it.

A

Archive7

I have in the area where I live small birds that make strange noises all day long. I managed just now to catch one standing on an old antenna.
Any idea what they are called?
Bird 1.JPG Bird 2.JPG

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Me too. I use a Canon SX280HS. I chose this after reading numerous reviews. What swung it for me was its X20 zoom and great video capabilities. Plus it fits handily in my pocket.

A

Archive7

Me too. I use a Canon SX280HS. I chose this after reading numerous reviews. What swung it for me was its X20 zoom and great video capabilities. Plus it fits handily in my pocket.
I tested mine at night and the result was good.
Well, there was a bit of help from a pyromaniac who set fire to a skip content at night and it went up in flames so there was a bit more light.Fire 60.JPG

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most phone cameras are pretty good these days for day to day shooting.

Neither my Phone nor SWMBO's are equipped with a Camera. Inevitably my Tablets do have a couple each, but I have never used them.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yes, I like small cameras with large lenses. They produce decent pics - much better than those on phones. The noise levels and contrast is just... better. My ancient 2 megapixel Fuji FinePix 2600z is still better than a lot of phone ones, especially in challenging conditions (dark/fast motion etc.).

We now have a Panasonic FZ72 with 60x(!) optical zoom and it's pretty nice. Not quite DSLR but takes good pictures. For everything else, I just use my phone (HTC One M8 before last week and now Samsung SG6).

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Yeah I have an old Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 as my main camera. I like the Lumix range as they seem to have good low light capabilities and vibrant colour reproduction. A few months ago I very nearly bought a proper DSLR but chickened out at the last minute due to the size of the thing. I'm not sure I'd get my money's worth with it being so big I'd very rarely take it out and about.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have in the area where I live small birds that make strange noises all day long. I managed just now to catch one standing on an old antenna.
Any idea what they are called?

Tricky.

Have been trying to identify them, but our Bird books are Britain and Europe only. Still, have been trying to get some clues to widen the search, but without success as yet,