Pictorial Setup Guide for DiSEqC Motorised dish installation - Downloadable PDF

craigf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
manchester
rolfw said:
Sorry, had modified the page slightly over the weekend and when re-uploaded, the permissions reverted to no access.:)

Sorted now.:)

hi there im also in the manchester area,im having problems setting up my motorised dish,i have currnetly set up using my old sky dish which works great but wnted to get my motorised dish setup,think ive set it all up correctly but i cannot pick up no sats,when i do a sat scan it shows signal but cannot pic up the sats,could you please post the link to the guide thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The guide is attached to the first post in the thread as a PDF. :)

craigf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
manchester
ok yeh found it now thanks

sinky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Win 7 , 1 Meter motorised disk quad LNB TM800hd (deliver Tuesday)
My Location
Near glasgow
Thankyou as I'm new to this it will help me loads.

Digger1956

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI+MC Sat Receiver, SG2100 H-to-H motor, Fortec Star 90cm Dish.
Computer is home built AMD dual core 2.90GHz 4GB Ram 1TB HDD.
My Location
Bedford UK
A very useful tutorial me thinks. Thanks.
Regarding the shortening of the 'U' bolts though, you may find it awkward or difficult to shorten them "in-situ".

I suggest that you mark the bolts at the point that you need to shorten them to with an indelible marker pen, then diss-assemble them placing the nust back on the bolts winding them past the marks before cutting the bolts to the desired length. This way if you accidently mash up the end of the threads you can re-form them by unscrewing the nuts.

You can't do this if the nuts have been taken off, and you may end up having to buy another set of 'U' bolts.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you are of course right, the nut should always be on the bolt/stud when cut,otherwise you will never get them on again. :)

Most people will cut the bolts in situ (as they will be effectively clamped and the desired length will be clear), so the nuts will normally be on the U bolts already.

slickster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500
p4 2.8
My Location
uk
The guide is only downloading as a 180k file for me and obviously showing errors when trying to open up as it should be 1.45mb.
anybody else having this trouble?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Downloads fine here, 1.45Mb :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
slickster said:
The guide is only downloading as a 180k file for me and obviously showing errors when trying to open up as it should be 1.45mb.
anybody else having this trouble?

Probably a browser issue. Same problem using IE6, OK using Firefox.

mrbean_2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
My Location
Bradford
Firstly, what a cracking guide - informative and very well written...

I would also like to add here that its advisable to grease all the nuts, bolts,screws, u bolts etc - You want to weatherproof them and it makes them easy for removal in years to come!

thanks Rolf

mojocvh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro Penta 85/TM2600/assorted bits of ironmongry assembled, awaiting next months paycheck to splurge on the final spend, the receiver.
My Location
Perthshire
Thanks very much for that guide, looking forwards to the practical :eek: test soon!

Albez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
penta 85, tm 5402hd, tm 2600
My Location
London
Yeah, great guide.. thanks very much for sharing.. hope to get mine set up soon so will be a great help!

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, GigaBlue UE 4K, Zone 1 28.2e, Zone 1 30W. Kathrein 1m 5W - 23E
My Location
Midlands
Hi @rolfw

Is this guide still available? I can’t seem to find it.

Thank you
Offtensive

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks @Channel Hopper Couldn't for the life of me find it. Probably got it on an old Hard Drive somewhere.

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Thanks guys

On page 3 it mentions to drill the bottom hole last to enable adjustment.

Does that mean to have the pole at 90 at then drill the bottom hole? I guess for these I would need sleeve anchors where the sleeve fits through the hole?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks guys

On page 3 it mentions to drill the bottom hole last to enable adjustment.

Does that mean to have the pole at 90 at then drill the bottom hole? I guess for these I would need sleeve anchors where the sleeve fits through the hole?
Actually I don't tend to use sleeve anchors anymore, I use Hilti plastic plugs, they have never failed me, even in very soft bricks and you can tap them through the bracket slot. HUD-L Wall plug - Plastic Anchors - Hilti United Kingdom There are similar plugs from other manufacturers.

If you are confident in getting the brackets in the right position, then go ahead and pre-drill, but if you need to move a bracket sideways, it rotates slightly if the bottom fixing is set.

Just get the mast plumb, that's the important part, not really how you do it.:)

Last edited:

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Actually I don't tend to use sleeve anchors anymore, I use Hilti plastic plugs, they have never failed me, even in very soft bricks and you can tap them through the bracket slot. HUD-L Wall plug - Plastic Anchors - Hilti United Kingdom There are similar plugs from other manufacturers.
Thanks, I’ve only used sleeve anchors a couple of time so I’m still relatively new to this. Did you switch because the Hilti plugs are stronger or easier?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A bit of each, but I had a few mounts in Reading where the local brick is very soft and sleeve anchors eventually came loose in exposed locations, so refixed them with the Hilti plugs, no problems since.

And a little extra, occasionally I am called in to refix a set of T&Ks which are pulling away from the wall, so instead of taking the whole rig down, I drill a new hole on the bracket with oone of the DeWalt cobalt drills, DeWalt Hex Shank Cobalt HSS Drill Bits 10 x 133mm followed up with the 10mm masonary bit and then push a Hilti plug through, the coach bolt then pulls the bracket up to the wall and I can put chemical fixings in the old hole or holes where they've come away. Also useful if you want to add an extra anchor point, never hurts.

Last edited: