Newbie Here Polish Satellite in UK, Openbox etc... (Total Newb!)

Johnny B

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No Satellite yet, but BT Infinity
My Location
West Midlands, UK
Hi all,

I have an ex smart TV, i.e the network adapter is not working anymore. I also have a Polish partner, and am looking to install Polish "Freesat", if it exists.

I've installed a generic UK satellite dish at my caravan, so think I can manage it myself, but...

I can't work out what I need, where to point it etc...

I'd also like to regain "smart" tv, so I could play movies from a USB stick/youtube etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Johnny B

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi JB - welcome to the forum.

The Polish channels are mainly carried on Hotbird 13E. There are lots of free ones, many fairly low budget and a selection of pay services. Have a look at the satsklep.pl website - they sell NC+ subscriptions. I think the cams used are the new CI+ format so you need to watch which receiver you use.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
A dish on 13e 60cm should be more than enough and a compatible receiver for nc+ would be an option, cards are pretty cheap of satskelp. I’ve had a couple of cyfra+ cards from them in the past.