AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
Please can anyone tell me why my Marantz DR6000 Audio CD Recorder (a Hi-Fi deck) doesn't recognize TDK Music Audio CD-R discs? (These discs are not intended for computer use). Not Blue colour recording face.
I've never had any trouble using TDK's Audio CD-Rs with this excellent 10 year-old recorder.
I have used a laser lens-cleaning disc but it made no difference. I have since used my last remaining 'blue' discs with no difficulties.
Alternatively, maybe the focusing or height of the laser lens needs adjusting (assuming this is possible)? Any thoughts, please?

Thx,in advanced.

A nonymous

Reaction score
That could be the laser getting towards the end of its life.

My friend had the same issue with his Marantz CD63 SE where it wouldn't read CD-R disks. You can turn up the intensity of the laser although i have no idea how this is done, but it shouldn't be to difficult to find out how on google.

If the laser does turn out to be stuffed you can get them off ebay.

Nano

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
Thx nanochickin for your help!!! I've tried to adjust and replace the lens 'coz it’s malfunctioning, but no hope, I'm living in ME and there's no Marantz or Philips representative; may be in Dubai, not sure. But it's too difficult for me to travel for miles and miles to reach that kinda small stores selling Marantz or Philips goods in Dubai!!! We don't have any authorized representative nor in ME neither in Armenia.
I’m living in Iran and have found Marantz dr6000 service manual from the net. Think that I myself have to do the repairing if necessary.
Buy the way, as I've done a few researches, the laser in my DR-6000 is the same as what's in the Philips cdr-775 and cd-r-770.
A brand new laser for these, are very hard to get hold of and are very expensive.