stavol75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel ODX2000CIV,
DreamBox DM500s
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

i will not forget one of our Forum member when he said:' Welcome to DreamBox Humping world'

I've a problem with my DM500s Box which is:

i have 3 LNB on my desh, i configure my box to:
Satellite(Arabsat) No.1 to DiseqC A/A
Satellite(Nilesat) No.2 to DiseqC A/B
Satellite(Hotbird) No.3 to DiseqC B/A

it was working fine suddenly Satellite 1 working fine and other i stoped, then i try to search Transporter again, but it gives only for Satellite 1.

mean if i go to satellite 2 and search for the transporter it gives the Channel for satellite 1 only which fix on DiseqC 1, this mean it is see
DiseqC 1 only not another, i made several test:

1- Take the box to my frind and connected to his dish but still same problem.
2- Got another DM500 and connect to my Dish, it is working fine and this mean there is no problem with my Dish.
3- Change the Spliter and nochance.
4- Change the Coxil cable still no chance.
5- Re-flashing the Box with sveral version og IMG but still no chance i use ver 3.3, ver 4.1, ver 4.2, but still no chance.

it is reading only one Satellite and others no chance.

Please advice:toke:.

Regards,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What switch are you using?

stavol75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel ODX2000CIV,
DreamBox DM500s
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi rolfw,

Does you mean spliter?!

if it is, i am not sure but it is ver1 splitter, but even the spliter i dont think it is creating the problem because i brought another DM500s box from my friend for testing, it is working fine as i mention before.with my current situation.

Thanks,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are feeding three LNBs into a unit for watching on one box, then it is a switch, not a splitter, it is important to use the correct terms, otherwise confusion can arise.

Is the switch four way?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Stavol, can you receive both low band and high band frequencies?

i.e below 11.7GHz and above 11.7GHz. This will tell you if the 22kHz tone is actually present or not.

and it definitely should be a switch, hence the DiSEqC settings in your first post. A splitter does not need to be controlled.

stavol75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel ODX2000CIV,
DreamBox DM500s
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for the replies,

Rolfw,

ok, it is a switch with 4-ports, but still i dont think it is the cause of the problem because as i told i brought my Frind Box and it is working fine with my current Dish,LNB,switch,cable.... every thing, the problem is something with the Box.

Robbo71,

yes it received the frequencies that you mention, but only from the LNB that connected to DiseqC 1 others no.
i connect another DVB to my cable it is working fine, and to make sure also i got another switch but still the same problem.

i am thinking it is a hardware issue, you know the small metal box that placed on the DM500 motherboard and connect to the dish cable i think it is not working properly or there is a capacitor purned on this metal box.

is there a spare part, so i can replace this metal box totally, and is someone know how much it cost????.

by the way there is no support for DreamBox in my country, so i have to give it to good electrician if i found this spare part.

Regards,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
i have 3 LNB on my desh, i configure my box to:
Satellite(Arabsat) No.1 to DiseqC A/A
Satellite(Nilesat) No.2 to DiseqC A/B
Satellite(Hotbird) No.3 to DiseqC B/A

The settings you are using are not what I would use, I would use A, B, and C, as simple as that.

stavol75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Opentel ODX2000CIV,
DreamBox DM500s
My Location
Saudi Arabia
thx rolfw,

maybe i am donig it by a complex way, but before it was working fine.
i don't think the problem from the way that i configure my box with it, because i done it also with my frind box and it is working fine.

i have a question that i mention in my earlier post, can i find the metal box as spare part, or this metal box is only standard to DreamBox DM500 and there is no compatible device to fit into the BOX.

Regards,

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have you now tried it using four way diseqC settings?

If it proves to be a faulty receiver, there is no single replacement component as far as I know.

npourfarhad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GAMA OS
My Location
UAE-DUBAI
dear friend ;as i read your problem on dm500s there is no problem with your out door lnb or cabling and disiqec even your soft ware is ok the problem you have it comes firstly form 12volt adaptor try to test with good one if no then in mother bord there is 2 small mini ic it is related to signal ,you must change them.
thanks
nasser

cadorna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD ATHLON XP3000+
ATIRADEON 9600
500MB RAM
SKYSTAR 2
DISH 1,2MTS
DISH 80cmm
LNB INVACOM
STAB HH120 MOTOR
DM 500+
My Location
Zaragoza - Spain.
Robbo71 said:
Stavol, can you receive both low band and high band frequencies?

i.e below 11.7GHz and above 11.7GHz. This will tell you if the 22kHz tone is actually present or not.

and it definitely should be a switch, hence the DiSEqC settings in your first post. A splitter does not need to be controlled.

I have exactly these problem, I do not receive signal above 11700 but not always, some time lock and sync and many other times not.
My set up is:
static antenna in portb B on a diseqc 1.0 and, a motorized in port A
Dreambox 500+

With the port b antenna I receive perfect signal above and below 11700 no problem with this, but with port A motorized I have no signal above this freq.
I try the same antena on my pcsat and works fine all over the range. Also on my 50€ MVISION 8080. But in the F..k...g 170€ 500+ nothing.Humping

I read this situation many times but never read if someone found the solution.
Thanks.

cadorna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD ATHLON XP3000+
ATIRADEON 9600
500MB RAM
SKYSTAR 2
DISH 1,2MTS
DISH 80cmm
LNB INVACOM
STAB HH120 MOTOR
DM 500+
My Location
Zaragoza - Spain.
cadorna said:
I have exactly these problem, I do not receive signal above 11700 but not always, some time lock and sync and many other times not.
My set up is:
static antenna in portb B on a diseqc 1.0 and, a motorized in port A
Dreambox 500+

With the port b antenna I receive perfect signal above and below 11700 no problem with this, but with port A motorized I have no signal above this freq.
I try the same antena on my pcsat and works fine all over the range. Also on my 50€ MVISION 8080. But in the F..k...g 170€ 500+ nothing.Humping

I read this situation many times but never read if someone found the solution.
Thanks.

I solve the problem setting a high value on threshold. the originale was 11600 now I put 15000 an the signal it is perfect.
Thanks.

npourfarhad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GAMA OS
My Location
UAE-DUBAI
DEAR FRIEND;IN DREAM BOX 500S WHEN YOU ARE FACING WITH SIGNAL PROBLE AFTER YOU MAKE SURE YOUR POWER ADAPTOR AND UR DISCEQE IS OK(I PREFER SPAUN) THEN THERE IS 2 IC AND ONE CAPACITOR THAT MAKES THIS PROBLEM AND I SUGGEST YOU TO REPLACE IT. THEY ARE LOCATED NEAR TUNER BESID LED SIGNAL LIGHTS AS BELOW:

STBO2500:toke:
Q72:toke:
chang 400V 33uf and REPLACE it WITH 400V 47ufO-zzz

email removed