Problem With Two Dish Setup

chrispy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
My Location
Wales
As I live in a very high area (altitude wise) the winds we get up here are incredible and regularly blow the dishes out of alignment so i've decided to go the two fixed dish route and keep my sky mini dish and use my 1.2m dish for Astra & Hotbird. The way i've got it set up is the sky lnb running in to a diseq switch on lnb A and the monoblock for Astra & Hotbird into lnb B. Both dishes are spot on but I can only receive Sky and Astra 19 east, Hotbird services and channels appear greyed out (not available). I've set the lnb configuration in the setup to diseq A/B and have sky 28 east and astra 16 east selected on each lnb input, is there something else i'm missing? Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help me.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
One problem is that you cannot cascade Monoblocks with common or garden DiSEqC switches ............. don't forget the Monoblock has an inbuilt DiSEqC switch.

I believe there are fancy switches that can do more versatile stuff, but we'd better wait for someone versed in such techniques to wake up!

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
I have had this working, in fact I think I found it on this Website

Capture.PNG

If you are using a Monoblock, A on the Monoblock needs to be A on the Diseqc

When your receiver sends A to the Diseqc, it also sets the Monoblock to A

When your receiver sends B to the Diseqc, it also sets the Monoblock to B

So a bit of a guess at your setup, A needs to 13E, B to be 19E, and move Sky 28E to C on the Diseqc

The Tee Piece is actually a Splitter (with DC Pass Thro) which we are using as a Joining Piece

FC-2SPLT-ST-KN.JPG

You can find these on eBay, you will need to make up some short leads so best to get some Connectors at the same time

Have a try, all good fun .......

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If he's using a Sky Box with his 28E dish then, as they cannot switch DiSEqC devices, that needs to be take into account too.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
The best way to do it is to use an uncommitted switch, like an EMP Centauri, before the monoblock. Your reciever needs to handle cascades and diseqc 1.1 though, which your DM800 should. Another way would be to swap the monoblock for two single LNB's

chrispy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD
My Location
Wales
I'm not using a Sky Digibox, just the Dreambox. Thanks for the help lads, much appreciated.