quick help - wind!

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I don't think you 'can' tighten a motor up enough on that tubing or really tighten the bolts enough that hold it all together .. it will just crush/ distort if you try to really tighten it all up enough and when it does.... you lose your 100% vertical pole- it goes anywhere as it distorts and it still isn't up to it.

Most on here on a 1m would say use T & Ks with a short length of very solid scaffold tube (c. 600mm) with the motor bolted in the middle... (see satelliteman's quick guide pictorial)...

I think you will be for ever having this 'after strong winds' problem until you strengthen or change the bracket.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As said earlier, the most likely movement is of the motor on the mast, as pedro2000uk says, it is practically impossible to tighten the motor sufficiently to prevent movement without deforming the mast on that type of mount.

The first few motors I fitted were on standard gauge 2" steel mast and I had nothing but problems with them, so thereafter moved onto the much heavier gauge scaffold tube.:)

durhamwasp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Motorised Technomate dish with Technomate 5400 CI+ Receiver
My Location
North East England, UK
Cheers for all the help guys - just been up the ladder, and moved the dish elevation about 1 degree, now my signal is around 70% on 1w, and 95% on 13 and 19 e.

G

durhamwasp said:
Cheers for all the help guys - just been up the ladder, and moved the dish elevation about 1 degree, now my signal is around 70% on 1w, and 95% on 13 and 19 e.

Well done - there is little to fear (apart from falling off!) from having a little fiddle ................... :-bubbly

durhamwasp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Motorised Technomate dish with Technomate 5400 CI+ Receiver
My Location
North East England, UK
I totally agree about my bracket, i actually have a T & K lying in the garage. Thats the next task...

G

durhamwasp said:
I totally agree about my bracket, i actually have a T & K lying in the garage. Thats the next task...

When you do fit them, avoid those mortar courses :)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
rai uno said:
Well done - there is little to fear (apart from falling off!) from having a little fiddle ................... :-bubbly

.....that would be the "signing of the body cast initiation" celebrations then Rai...:-bubbly

(ps.. you don't get one if you let the dish get dented:-rofl2)

be safe..

G

All my wall mounted Dishes are either at chest height or, in the case of my 80cm Motorised, just above a stout outhouse roof I can stand on.

Absolutely no unpleasant bending :-Nooo

And the big Dish is on a Patio Mount (so I can kick it ................. )

Oddly enough, talking of body casts, I had my left femur rebuilt a few years ago (twice, but that's another story), but it wasn't down to Satellite work. (Old injury, new techniques: Owing more to meccano and scaffolding than to plaster of paree).

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
durhamwasp said:

It surprises a lot of people just how solid and true it all has to be... I‘ve done it..(I think we've all done it:p)

....well done getting it back on...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
get that bracket changed as i made the mistake of using one of them l shape ones and it bent in some strong wind.

t&k brackets much better once you get a decent wall mount it will last many years

mine holds a channel master dish and 36volt motor which doesn't move about in the wind