Receive Latvian TV in UK?

Latinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite yet.
My Location
Scotland
I've just moved to a house with a skydish attached. I've never had an interest in satellite tv but freesat is making me curious.
My wife is Latvian and usually watches bits of latvian tv on a pc.
Is it possible to pick up tv channels via satellite? If so what do i do?

p.s. I hope i'm posting this in the corect place as it has taken me 30 mins just to get this far:-doh2

Latinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite yet.
My Location
Scotland
I've just moved to a house with a skydish attached. I've never had an interest in satellite tv but freesat is making me curious.
My wife is Latvian and usually watches bits of latvian tv on a pc.
Is it possible to pick up tv channels via satellite? If so what do i do?

p.s. I hope i'm posting this in the corect place as it has taken me 30 mins just to get this far:-doh2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum. The Freesat UK section wasnt the right place, but never mind - Ive moved it to a better home.

If you want more than one channel the best way to get Latvian TV is to subscribe to Viasat Latvia via a Latvian address and bring the receiver & card back to the UK. A suitably sized dish for Sirius 4 at 5E and away you go.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum. The Freesat UK section wasnt the right place, but never mind - Ive moved it to a better home.

If you want more than one channel the best way to get Latvian TV is to subscribe to Viasat Latvia via a Latvian address and bring the receiver & card back to the UK. A suitably sized dish for Sirius 4 at 5E and away you go.

peter300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not bought yet
My Location
london
Hi hope you dont mind me chipping in! my wife is Latvian and i would love to get some Latvian channels in the UK (LONDON) so reading in if i get a reciver box and card from Latvia (Monthly suscription i asume?) and a good size dish its possible? any ideas on who can supply the dish etc? many thanks , Peter