Reception on thor

saldi

Reaction score
Please Help!!!

I am quite new and I have a Humax 5400 IRCI with a motor, patched toh 2.3. I get very good signal from astra 28, astra 19, hotbird and sirius (90%) but absolutely no signal from thor. Do you think the dish needs to be aligned or I need to uppgrade the firmware/software. In latter case which is the uppgrade.

Saldi

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
saldi said:
Please Help!!! but absolutely no signal from thor. Do you think the dish needs to be aligned or I need to uppgrade the firmware/software. In latter case which is the uppgrade.

Its either your dish or some obstacle in the way (tree, building)

Unless you live outside the footprint. Not putting your location down does not help anyone on this forum to answer your requests accurately.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also need to know whether you have ever had reception on Thor and once we know where you are, what did you set as your due south satellite.

saldi

Reaction score
Thanks for your respose. Live in Sweden, never got the reception on thor. Astra 19 is the due south satellite.
Saldi

saldi

Reaction score
Thanks for your response it probably is a tree
Saldi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well certainly if you are in Sweden, Thor should be a very strong signal, can you pull any of the satellites further West?

saldi

Reaction score
No satellite in the west. Sirius is the last satellite I get
Saldi

Samba65

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. I have the 5400z humax and I only get Astra, hotbird and and sirius. I couldnt get thor either. I live in Germany and I have no obstructions in the way of the dish. I think it is just a alignment problem. The three sattelites do ok for me.

saldi

Reaction score
Could it possibly be because of a bug in the humax 5400 software will only the first 25 positions move disecq motor?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its possible. Have you programmed 25 East poitions ?

saldi

Reaction score
All the satellites were programmed in the DiSEqC motor settings that were loaded into my Humax. Do you think I need to uppgrade motor settings?