Reference our Advertisers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just to ask you all to at least give them a look, they may not always have what you want, but their advertisements help with the upkeep of the forum, so at least give them a consideration by visiting their sites. You will probably be pleasantly surprised. :)

Thanks

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Have sent one or two people there myself, and they seem happy, and got what they needed.

G

GotMyBusPass

I do support sponsors of boards, but they regretfully do not always carry the products that seem to be readily available abroad. Take for instance the Coship "blind search" receiver, nobody in the UK appears to sell the box. Consequently one has to buy from abroad with "mickey mouse money" (euros). At the same time saving quite a lot on price and shipping charges. ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a problem, if the advertisers do not have what you require, then you cannot use them. All I ask is that people at least have a look and see what they have to offer. :)

G

GotMyBusPass

Yes I agree, it seems a pity that UK suppliers, of whom some sponsor boards cannot get hold of usefull goodies that are readily available across the North Sea. Or is it a case of the number of Sat enthusiasts in the UK (ie non $ly) is too small to warrant extending their stock?

BTW, how's your new toy? Mine should arrive mon/tue. I did look into them before Xmas but the company had run out of the special chip and were going to bring out new models. Now they are readily available interest during the last weeek has blossomed.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
"mickey mouse money" (euros).

I would say that in 2 or 3 years you guys in the UK will be using these notes.

Here in ROI we seem changed over handy enough, but then ROI and mickey mouse are well suited.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
@ GMBP, Which toy though, bought a few in past months. :)

@ Razor, don't bank on it, there is massive opposition over here to the Euro, much of it for no reason other than maintaining our individuality, but opposition nonetheless. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Razor said:
"mickey mouse money" (euros).

I would say that in 2 or 3 years you guys in the UK will be using these notes.

Here in ROI we seem changed over handy enough, but then ROI and mickey mouse are well suited.

Well I certainly hope we dont change Razor....it will be like when the UK went decimal....what a rip off that was £1 would buy you 70p in a matter of a day after the transition.....if we changed over to the euro a similar con will happen!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No mate different scenario, we went from small unit to big unit in 1971, this time we would be going from big unit to small unit. So whilst there would certainly be some who would seek to make profit from the confusion, it would be far more difficult and far less likely.

Well apart from the London Ice cream sellers around Regents Park that is. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I cant help feeling suspicious if there was a change over Rolfw i.e. if the euro was at the time say 1.2 to the pound it would very conveniently become 1eu to the £1

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I understand the suspicion, but don't think that a) We are going to change in the near future and :cool: If we do that it will cause too many problems.

See....I can see good in anything. :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.

Ah I thought it worked...

PaulR

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
What's the key combination for the Euro PaulR?

OK, found it....Alt Gr Dollar.

€€€€€€€ :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It's not just about losing the £ for the € but about aligning economies and with the EU setting interest rates etc. Look at the problems the Germans have at the moment. Virtually bankrupt.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
gotmybuspass said:
@ rolfw

Never mind I have just seen your 5 smilies :D :D :D :D :D

Ah, yes the Coship is working well. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
jimbo said:
It's not just about losing the £ for the € but about aligning economies and with the EU setting interest rates etc. Look at the problems the Germans have at the moment. Virtually bankrupt.

I think that also has a lot to do with the re-unification costs, but certainly their inability to adjust interest levels etc locally cannot be helping.