mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I knackered my box today so had to reflash. Reloaded my channel list with DBedit. Set the motor up with gotoxx ticked and my lat/ longitude settings.

Can get absolutely no channels. Drive to Zero and then try to find 1W shows no transponders in the drop down in Motor Config. It actually shows as 0.8W rather than 1W and on the Transponder Scan page 1W isn't even listed grr....

What have I missed out? O-st

and it seems like Gemini 4.50 is a surefire way to make a 7020 turn into a 500s resembling brick.. 3rd reboot in 10 minutes.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Strange one, :confused,
Are you sure your satellites.xml file has been reloaded along with your bouquets? Maybe DBEdit is uploading it to the wrong place in the new image.

I've had problems before when I imported bouquets from pet settings to my own config. Because Thor was listed as 1W in pet settings, but Thor was 0.8W in the default satellites.xml in the newly flashed image I had problems.

Result: Confused box.

I'd be focusing on the satellites.xml file to start with. Especially since you say there are no transponders listed for certain sats.

Did you try setting up GotoX then scanning a sat with a freshly installed image, before loading your channel list with DBEdit, ? Might be worth a shot, It could give you a hint as to whats wrong.

Good Luck :)

EDIT: PS the services file will also cause problems if there is a mismatch between it and other necessary files.

PPS: I've always found Dreambox Control Centre to be much better for backing up and restoring bouqets/channel lists because it autodetects the correct directories to use. Its no use for editing channels etc but handles restoring in a better way. You could attempt to use DCC to restore the channel lists saved by DBEdit, just point it to the correct directory then click restore, You've got nothing to lose.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Result: Confused box.

Oh yes! I think you're right about satellites.xml (seem to remember it happening in the past with my 500s). I can watch 19.2, 13E and 30W (found and stored) but selecting 1W channels goes nowhere which would seem to support the 0.8W in the new image and 1W in the old Gemini image.

The transponders are shown if you select Transponder Edit but not in the Motor Config page for 1W and the transponder scan page doesn't show 0.8W or 1W.

Gotoxx doesn't work at all. So if the channel lsit and associated files conflict with the files in Gemini what's to do? Give up and reflash?

I knew I should have reflashed it with Gemini 3.60...

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Expains a bit why but not that much help:

"How does it work?

Your satellite setup in the enigma config is created from the basic satellites.xml which comes with the image you use (var/etc or usr/etc). So if you have a new settingslist (from a downloadsite for example) it is possible that your satellite isn't recognized due to the differences in both satellites.xml files.

For example:

The Thor satellite is listed sometimes on 1 West and sometimes on 0.8 West! This means that you can have trouble switching/rotating to the Thor satellite when the settings xml doesnt match with the standard image xml that created your enigma config. Just replacing your satellites.xml by this new one isn't enough because:
- in the "settings" file, the 'namespace' line uses the position
(00c00000:041e:0001s 10787480:22000293:1:4:192:0:0 , 00c0 is 192, or Astra on 19.2 East)
- the positions are used in the bouquets

So the best is:
- replace your old satellites.xml by this new one in /var/etc or /usr/etc
- remove your satellite setup
- setup your satellite setup again
- start scanning again

Now the satellite positions in your enigma config matches with the new satellites.xml.

It would be great if the settings builders would like to use this compact global satellites.xml as is can save a lot of memory in there boxes of the users that use the settings!"

satellites.xml is in /etc/tuxbox/ on my box and has 1W but not 0.8W

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Today's happy trick is FTP and Telnet don't work. Is 4.50 buggy?