RIP Kevin McCarthy 1914-2010

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
Kevin was a popular figure on the television of old. The American imports we watched as kids.

I'll never forget him in The Twilight Zone episode, Long Live Walter Jameson.

Kevin McCarthy, the star of such classic sci-fi/horror films as the original INVASION OF THE BODYSNATCHERS and the original PIRANHA has died, at the age of 96.

McCarthy was that rare genre/cult film star whose "legitimate" acting credentials could not be disputed. Though best remembered for his raving warning "You're next! You're all next!" in INVASION, McCarthy was an accomplished, award-winning stage actor and an Oscar nominee for his role in the 1951 film version of DEATH OF A SALESMAN.

images

McCarthy's other genre credits include THE HOWLING, INNERSPACE, TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE, and GHOULIES 3. During his 70 plus year acting career, McCarthy appeared in literally hundreds of television shows, often playing villains and corrupt officials/businessmen.

Rest in peace, Mr McCarthy. Your contribution to the stage, the motion picture industry, and the word of television cannot be understated, and the influence you've had on generations of film and TV lovers is immeasurable. You will be missed.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
A good age but sadly missed all the same.

Jumpstart said:
the original INVASION OF THE BODYSNATCHERS and the original PIRANHA has died, at the age of 96.
He had a cameo in the 1978 remake as well.

Jumpstart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish
My Location
North East
He had a long life, but boy did he look good at 96. Such a shame he's passed away, as he was still making movies.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Wow what a career and long life. RIP

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Will certainly be missed by my generation, there are not many of the old timers left now.