Rover digicube meter

Skyman989

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q 2TB
My Location
Godmanchester
In that case I revert to my initial assumption: the MPEG-decoder is broken or with bad contact.
Thank you, I’ll open the meter and see if I get anywhere

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish 150 4 feed ku c lin c circ ka tbs 6925 tbs 5280
My Location
italy
Does that mean it shouldn’t be working??

I wrote that it's old because it doesn't have the MPEG 4 card if you can't see the channels broadcast in MPEG 2 it means that the tool is faulty and repairing it costs you a lot of money you need to change your tool the product is from 2010

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Congratulations on the baby!

Regarding the Digitcube, i does not have MPEG4 decoder, as already mentioned.

You need to try with an MPEG2 broadcast, typically using DVB-S, DVB-T or DVB-C. All DVB-S2 transponders I am aware of, use MPEG4. Also, some DVB-T transponders (like here in Portugal) use MPEG4.

A field meter with only MPEG2 is partially obsolete, because less and less transponders use MPEG2. It is not totally obsolete if it has DVB-S/S2/T/C capable tuners, because you can still perform useful measurements.

Don't bother to open your meter. You won't find anything repairable. Even if you had equipment to desolder/solder SMD, you would have a hard time finding the required components.

Only if MPEG2 is not working, too, you could consider a bad contact or lose cable inside, but I doubt that. Rover Instruments meters are very well built.