Sat-Link WS6933

A

Archive-8

Has anyone seen excell documents or channel lists / freq tables?

And where can I find updates to firmware please?

Nisatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon1008se,humax fox sat,sky hd box, comag receivers. 60cm sky dish, 90cm with 9e,13e,19e,28e plus 1.2m with c/ku band.
My Location
Co down n.ireland
Hi there, I am getting one of these tomorrow! I'm not sure if there will be much in the way of documentation with it, but if there is happy to share it with you.
Given time since you first posted this request I'm guessing you have mastered the use of the device? Any thoughts /comments? Have I been sold a pup?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Looks a wee cracker for the money, I heard the battery life's quite good as it's not running a mini TV like the 6909 ect is. Let us know your thoughts on it!

Sent from my thl 2015A using Tapatalk

wazman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
eaglebox 800hd/spiderbox 6000./spiderbox 7000 hd all sat models
My Location
lancashire uk
Has anyone seen excell documents or channel lists / freq tables?

And where can I find updates to firmware please?
hi mate did u get your problem sorted....ty

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
No longer have that meter.

I now use another Satlink meter.
what meter do you use Chris ? I'm looking at these satlinks , not sure which one to choose
cheers rob

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have also a Satlink 6933.I think that the screen is rather dim.Impossible to see outdoors in bright light .I have to remember the keystrokes to use it.It is useful to get onto the required satellite.I find that lugging my TM5402 and an 15 inch LCD tv onto the top off the shed is better for squeezing the last % of signal is best.I have a feeling that I may be expecting too much with a small LCD screen in sunlight.

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco 80cm Auto Sat Dish on Motorhome with Dual LNB's for TV and Internet, at home 1.1mtr Dish for UKtv into Foxsat Receiver, 70cm Dish for internet from Astra-3 Ku Band
My Location
Languedoc, France
Hi I have just bought the Satlink WS-6933, it looks like a nice tool for private use, but does not come with data for European Satellites. It also came with a USB lead but no software or satellite data.
Has anybody found any.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Hi Steven, rather than leave this unanswered I was wondering can you not (I know it would be a bit of a pain in the @rse) delete and then add SATs/transponders for the European sats or is it not manually updatable like that?

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco 80cm Auto Sat Dish on Motorhome with Dual LNB's for TV and Internet, at home 1.1mtr Dish for UKtv into Foxsat Receiver, 70cm Dish for internet from Astra-3 Ku Band
My Location
Languedoc, France
Hi Steven, rather than leave this unanswered I was wondering can you not (I know it would be a bit of a pain in the @rse) delete and then add SATs/transponders for the European sats or is it not manually updatable like that?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, yes it is updatable manually but as you say a bit of a pain when just installing a database would be much easier.
I am only really interested in Astra-2 and Astra-3 so not a big deal to do it manually but if I wanted to help someone set up their dish while travelling it would be nice to have all the satellites I might want to lock on to installed in the device. I presume the ones already listed are for the far east.
I actually ordered it from Amazon France because I live in France because it looked as if it were a European company but it came from China.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
That s#it happens all the time, they use U.K. listed addresses etc but in reality they are drop shipping from China. When I got my Satlink (Not that model just to point out) it had the European ones on it as well as some "175West" and the like, wee bit out of my reach!!

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Languedoc, France
That s#it happens all the time, they use U.K. listed addresses etc but in reality they are drop shipping from China. When I got my Satlink (Not that model just to point out) it had the European ones on it as well as some "175West" and the like, wee bit out of my reach!!
I bought the WS-6933 because it said it was DVB-S2 so I thought a bit future proof. I am by no means an expert and really want it for adjusting the LNB's on my motorhome automatic dish which i have modified to do Satellite internet with simultaneous TV.
The meter satellite setup screen asks for Sat Name, Longitude, LNB Type, Low Frequency, High Frequency, 22k (ON or OFF), DISEqC1.0, DISEqC1.1.
Any suggestions the best place to look up these figures?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Is it a driven dish or one of the manual ratchet up dishes. I see a lot of lovely German camper vans passing thru here with the bigger "Flat" diamond dishes on a roof mount.

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Languedoc, France
It is a fully automatic Oyster System unfortunately DVB-S rather than S2 so has a limited life because it searches on frequency which often change.
If I travel east - west then I have to adjust the skew on both LNB's which is why I bought the meter. The ordinary LNB points to Astra-2 and the interactive one points to Astra-3 for the internet.
Sorry tried to paste a picture here but it doesn't seem to work.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
"Sat name" is just a label so you can store whatever you would find it easier to refer to for example "28E" "LNB Type" should be "universal" "22k" would be on but you may find it greys out once you set the LNB type to universal anyway, Diseqc would be set to "Off" unless your going to use the meter to drive automatic dish?

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Languedoc, France
Thanks for that so looking on the web for frequencies I get these figures for Highest and lowest.

Sat Name, Longitude, LNB Type, Low Freq, High Freq, 22k, DISEqC1.0, DISEqC1.1.
Astra-2 28.2E Uni 10714 12552 on off off
Astra-3 23.5E uni 11455 2725 on off off
Hotbird 13.0E uni 10719 12731 on off off
Astra-1 19.21E uni 10729 12728 on off off

Sorry if they don't align properly. That covers I think the popular Satellites that might be used.
Are they the figures your meter has?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
That looks fine, there used to be a wee Sat meter for £90-100 that only had space for four sats to be loaded in the memory and it was those four that came in the default list unless you asked the dealer to use one of the other two lists to flash it before sending it out to you, so yeah, a good selection :-)

StevenJay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Languedoc, France
Thanks for your help, I will sit and press the buttons until I have them all loaded.
I will just overwrite the first four as I suspect I will need nothing to the west as it defaults to Sat-1 best to have the used ones there.
I will let you know if I have any more problems.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
No problem, Yeah let us know how you get on anyway.