Setanta on Fortec Star Passion+?

deejayell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+
60cm dish
My Location
Scotland
At the weekend I installed my very first satellite dish, with Fortect Star Passion+ receiver. Fantastic picture on HD channels!

I was thinking that I'd like to subscribe to Setanta Sports, but when I tried to sign up for their sateliite service on-line it was clear that they assume everyone is on Sky (asked for viewing card number). When I phoned them they didn't have a clue, and obviously didn't even realise it was possible to receive satellite TV without a Sky box/subscription.

So my question, as a Newbie, is: is it possible for me to receive Setanta if I buy a CAM (which one?) then get a card from Setanta?

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
I heard Setanta issue CAMs as a lot of ppl are buying flat TVs with a CI slot.If you tell them this,you may get help.Try auction sites for Setanta CAM

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is not an NDS Videoguard CAM available for the UK system, I think you have heard wrong.

The card can be used in a couple of multicams and some patched receivers, but unless it arrives pre-activated, you will need a Sky digibox.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
CIELO CHIARO said:
I heard Setanta issue CAMs as a lot of ppl are buying flat TVs with a CI slot.If you tell them this,you may get help.Try auction sites for Setanta CAM

I suspect this is a reference to the DVB-T service in the UK ( Digital terrestrial) not Setanta via satellite which uses NDS as Rolfw has already stated

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Topper said:
I suspect this is a reference to the DVB-T service in the UK ( Digital terrestrial) not Setanta via satellite which uses NDS as Rolfw has already stated
Thats right.It will be for digital terrestrial television

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
CIELO CHIARO said:
Thats right.It will be for digital terrestrial television

The o/p is talking about Setanta via satellite not the terrestrial service, they use different encryption systems therefore your advice is not an option open to him

edthekid

come on you villans
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
azboxhd
fortecstar passion hd 90cm motorised dish
diablo cam,
My Location
dudley west midlands
got my brother one last week..plugs into his lcd tv ci slot......
you have to phone them up to activate the card in the cam and pay 1 month sub up front...................direct debt only....rubbish if you ask me 10.99 per month