markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
Hi guys, have browsed the forums but can't find just what i'm looking for. Have skystar2 working fine for satellite but wondered how I can get it working for internet, how good / reliable / fast this is and is it free or do you have to pay for a connection.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For internet surfing and downloading, you need to subscribe to a sat isp and use your phone line for the upstream connection.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
Well... you could download without having to subscribe to anything, the thing is you can't really choose what you're downloading. You have to use a plugin in progdvb, configure it right and get lot's of mature content. O-Ha This is a guide that teaches you on how to do it, it's in portuguese so you have to translate it using google I can't be bothered. :p

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin...a-internete-com-placa-pc-sat-com-progdvb.html

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
I had a one way connection using my sky star2 for about a year. My provider was AliceSat. There were a lot of hidden charges. If you can get ADSL in your area it will certainly be a better deal and a faster uplink connection. Unless the uplink site is close to you may also get fleeced by your phone company. Of course I am in Italy not exactly the most advanced country in Europe when it comes to Internet connectivity. Maybe you can get a better deal where you are.

Good Luck

James