Small dish help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you have all of the BBCs, Motors TV, all of the news channels and some good radio stations.

13 East is the prime focus. :)

bowdie

Reaction score
Ah, I already have most of that sort of thing on smellyvest digital cable. I'm really after "weird, I don't understand this program" type TV you see.

Isn't that one of those "clear, but you need a card inserted" clear channels, like Sky used to do in the old videocrypt days?

Is there anything else I might be able to sneak onto, or should I leave it on 28, and watch for odd stuff appearing?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There isn't much on 28.2 of a weird nature, the other two sats will be better.

bowdie

Reaction score
Heh. I'd quite like to see feeds too mind, even though I guess they're going to be in the 4:2:2 thing I keep reading about.

Basically, I'm a geek, I love seeing feeds, test cards, and other stuff I'm not strictly supposed to see. I'm seeing lots of odd things on Eurobird at 28.5 - reckon that could be worth a bend?

bowdie

Reaction score
Heh. Me again! I've been outside this afternoon playing.

http://www.lavalamp.demon.co.uk/compass_wall.jpg

This is me holding a compass against the wall I'd like to put the dish on.
Is this going to be ok? I can get hotbird at ground level, but as you can see from this next picture, I'm at a really odd angle (least it feels like I am)

http://www.lavalamp.demon.co.uk/hotbird.jpg

That's looking down the compass wall. I've just noticed my neighbours sky dish was cut off, but it's on the end of that pole you can see.

I wish I knew more about this! ;)