So the DreamBox DM 7000s is really the best?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I currrently have a Humax 5400z and was thinking of replacing it with the dreambox dm7000s. I have been told this receiver is much better and i want to be able to receive certain encrypted channels such as Z tv in AUSTRALIA which is where I am. But patching the humax seems costly and no one does it in Perth WA as far as i know.

Therefore I am thinking of the dreambox dm7000s is it really that good? Is it easy to receive and view encrypted channels. What encryption systems does it support? irdeto, viacess, powervu, nagravision etc?

Also where is the best and cheapest place to buy one of these from? I live in Perth, Western Australia.

I looked at EBAY and found this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22094&item=5718204329&rd=1
could i buy better?

Thnx all.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't know how much better the DM7000-S is than the 5400-z, and cannot say whether it would be a worthwhile upgrade, but it's a truly superb piece of kit. Very easy to use, if you are IT literate, and a doddle to update with CAM's and keys if you have an ethernet network and internet connection.

Superb picture quality and sound, ultimate flexibility and future-proofing, good support, and it can open just about everything that can be opened (anything where the plain keys are available).

STICK