2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi m8's...
I have a few questions re the AZbox
I am considering buying one of these specifically for feed hunting because it is said that the hardware supports 4.2.2 in both SD and HD..?
I seem to remember reading also ...that a recent firmware release has made a basic blind scan possible ?
My questions regarding this box ...are..
Is the above true ?
How stable/reliable is current firmare ?
How sensitive is the tuner ..in other words ..how well does it handle weak or fringe reception ?
and what are the differences between the Premium and the Elite versions ?
finally and more out of curiosity ...how well does the box's youtube player perform ?
rgds
VS

tanka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cband ku band 52 birds 4dtv/vantage 1100hd vantage vt1 azbox premium plus Azbox miniME
My Location
canada
tuner ok butt not like vantage but ok normal plus vantage excelent supports 4.2.2 yes firmware not so good need better .Basic blind scaner only on the premium plus but to many problems in nortamerica for now the receiver are new need time about youtube I dont no I have to find for you.

Angjelin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox Elite HD, Satellites from 7E to 31E nothing on West.
My Location
UK
Yes the hardware supports 4:2:2 feeds in both HD ans SD. As for the blind scan, on my Elite version I can scan carry out a simple blind scan which does it's job quite well. The current firmware is changing all the time and usually there is an update every couple of weeks from this website:
_http://fw.azupd.com/ the older versions of the firmware are a lot more stable than the ones you download from this website but the newer versions offer more features. The tuner is reasonably good, I don't think it will win any awards any time soon but then again it's not bad at all. Premium has hard drive, elite doesn't, but you can attach hard drives to both versions.
Finally, youtube is FABULOUS, videos are clear and load quickly, it's definitely one of the best features of the box.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes I echoe what is said by Angjelin, good working machine. I have an Elite and use USB memory pen for recording. Also have an usb-keyboard attached with helps when You use the Youtube.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Have the Premium + Myself, you tube very good at the moment. Quality of box looks quiet good as well. Havent got into the feed hunting with it yet.